Complaint Review: The Room Place

• Reported By: Wronged in indiana — Merriville Indiana
The Room Place
2881 E. 81st ave Merriville, Indiana USA

The Room Place Ripped Off at the Room Place Merriville Indiana

My wife and I purchased a new family room set at the room place about a year and a half ago. We liked the furniture and everything seemed great. We purchased what we were told was an unconditional covers everything warranty. Stains, rips, punctures, structure problems, everything. So here we are now and a cushion on the sofa rips. No problem, I'll call in the warranty. Guardian Warranty tells me, sorry but your warranty only covers stains. And on top of that they have no such thing as a unconditional or covers everything warranty.

I call the room place, Merriville, Indiana where we purchased and talk to James. James first says he's sales then when were having an issue he's the service manager too. James is very rude and belligerent and practically yells at me that since at one time we changed part of our order the “unconditional warranty” we changed too. No. they changed my warranty and never informed me they were doing so. They were happy to take my money for the warranty and then tell me when I needed service it was only for stains.

The room place are Liars, scammers, thieves, and crooks. My plan was an is to completely refurnish my house in about a 7-8 year period. This coming year now is the bedroom, then a new dining room, then the Living room. Guess room place where I will not be buying my furniture. You should have treated good and loyal customers better and with a little more respect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2013 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Room-Place/Merriville-Indiana-46304/The-Room-Place-Ripped-Off-at-the-Room-Place-Merriville-Indiana-1111053. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Room Place