Complaint Review: the room place

• Updated: Tue, February 19, 2013

• Reported By: PISSED OFF! — belvidere Illinois United States of America
the room place
State street rockford, Illinois United States of America

the room place in rockford, IL The room place will not stand by warrenties! rockford, Illinois

*Author of original report: Not Happy

*UPDATE Employee: Jasmine

My husband & I have purchased furniture for 2 different houses from this store, including warrenties for everything. Our last purchase was 4 maybe 4 1/2 years ago on a hugh leather sectional. We now have a few problems that we wanted to get fixed before our warrenty ran out. I called and they told me that the warrenty place that they used is out of business and they can't do anything about it, but they can pro rate us back $19.00. Which to me is crap because we paid $3800 for the sofa and another $500 for the warrenty. We went to the store today and one guy told us the same thing but his manager will call us later and talk about this. He called and told us the same thing but also told us to come in and buy something new. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! Were pissed off about this because they have their name all over this but will not stand by what they sell, their basically there selling their stuff and saying you will have no problems, give us your money and then you can kiss our ass because were not going to help you! I DO NOT recommend buying from any location of the room place because their stuff will fall apart and they will not help you in any way and will screw you in the end!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/17/2013 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/the-room-place/rockford-Illinois-/the-room-place-in-rockford-IL-The-room-place-will-not-stand-by-warrenties-rockford-Ill-1015925. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on the room place

Not Happy

AUTHOR: PISSED OFF! - (United States of America)

You may feel this is a fine thing and the $19 is a fine amount to give back to us, BUT it is not your money nor is it your pocket the money came out of. We paid alot of money for this sofa and alot of money for this warranty, The Warranty has Harlems name on it and they should stand by that, if they can't which is what they are not doing then you shouldn't be in business. Its a shame that stores do this to their loyal customers. I will not be shopping at this store again and I have also told others not to waste their time or money there. You can say and type on here what your told to by your company but it will not help because you all know that you are doing wrong by doing this to your customers. As I said before, you already have our money so you really don't care what happens. CRAP

Jasmine

AUTHOR: Jasmine - (United States of America)

Hello,

This is Jasmine (VP of Customer Loyalty). I totally understand the disappointment as we are dishearten as well by the bankruptcy of the provider of the warranty, Stainsafe. Regretfully, we were not informed if any notification or refunds of the warranty purchased through the third party were sent or communicated to our Customers.

As such, and because we value our Customers, we have elected to assist where possible with the concerns. I am sorry that the pro-rated refund did not meet with your expectations however unable to determine whether the warranty was ever exercised or refunded through Stainsafe prior to them going out of business, we feel that this is a reasonable offer of assistance.

At time of purchase, the store provides a sales receipt, which lists items and extended warranty purchases (if any) along with the Certificate of coverage and exclusions.  My apology if there was any miscommunication
as this was certainly not intentional. I would be happy to speak with you regarding this concern further
and ask that you email me at jsakic@theroomplace.com.

With gratitude, Jasmine