Complaint Review: The Roomstore

• Reported By: Mrs. G — Pearland Texas
The Roomstore
20750 I Hwy 45 Webster, Texas USA

The Roomstore sold me a defective piece of furniture Webster Texas

Last Spring I purchased a piece of office furniture from the Roomstore during their closeout sale.  I selected the piece on the floor because they said that that was the only piece left.  I inspected it at the store and was satisfied with it.  Once it was delivered I inspected the outside for any scratches and dents that would happen during a delivery.  It appeared to be okay.  I hadn't quite decided what to put in it so it sat in my study for a while.  At least 20 days went by before I looked inside and there was this HUGE crack in the floor mount of the furniture.  I called them and explained my situation but they said that because I didn't report the damage nearer the delivery date that they couldn't be held responsible.  I was pissed but I paid to have it repaired.  Fast forward to 6 mos and I began to see this fine dust underneath the furniture I would wipe it away but it always came back.  Finally I called my pest control guy and told him what I was seeing and when he came to the house he told me that the furniture had post beetles and would need to be treated.  He also said that it probably came from the warehouse like that.  I got screwed twice by the Roomstore.  Because the location is now closed I have no recourse but to voice my grievance every chance I get.  I am interested in a class action lawsuit if there is one out there.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 11:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Roomstore/Webster-Texas-77598/The-Roomstore-sold-me-a-defective-piece-of-furniture-Webster-Texas-1055333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Roomstore