Complaint Review: The Secret Society

• Reported By: gtaber — Garland Texas
The Secret Society
23905 Mercantile Rd. Beachwood, Ohio USA

The Secret Society Secret rip off Society Beachwood Ohio

Received a letter from someone claiming to be a member of "The Secret Society". He claimed to be rich and famous, and that I had been chosen to join the society and be given the secrets to becoming rich and famous blah, blah, blah, several pages of the same crap. In this letter there was nevar any mention of any cost to myself. Knew the correct spelling of the name I use online, a variation of my real name, and not my legal name, and address, wanted me to respond by mail or fax that I wanted to join with a very short deadline.

I responded, and about a week later I received in the mail a small booklet with a few short stories and a supposed "secret message" in it, and, of course, another long letter informing me about a "Secret Manuscript" reserved for me that contained all the knowledge I needed to become rich and powerful, and more of the same blah, blah, blah about how I had been specially chosen etc. And now, he wanted $139.00 to cover the costs of the manuscript. Also gave me another short deadline to respond.

My thinking is that an organization of rich and powerful people should be able to afford to give me the manuscript if they wanted me to join so bad. So, I did not respond or send them money. About two weeks later I got another long letter that got REALLY heavy on the blah, blah, blah crap, going as far to say that the information in the manuscript could make me "God-like" or a "God-man". And, of course, the need for me to pay $139.00. This pretty much totally convinced me it was a scam, and that's why I am typing this report. I guess I'll never get to see the manuscript, no way I'm going to send them money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/06/2014 11:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Society/Beachwood-Ohio-44122/The-Secret-Society-Secret-rip-off-Society-Beachwood-Ohio-1113473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society