Complaint Review: The Secret Society

• Submitted: Mon, February 23, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, February 08, 2011

• Reported By:Cut Bank Montana
The Secret Society
PO Box 6305 Dover, Delaware U.S.A.

The Secret Society's Inside Secrets 1200-pages Dead line Friday or too late truely one of the lucky few to be chosen to this 2300 year old guarded society. Dover Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Secret society scam and others

*General Comment: Secret Society

*Consumer Comment: Neotech Secret Society/ The Secret Society's Inside Secrets

*General Comment: To Bobbie of Cut Bank , Montana

I received a letter in the mail which requested a faxed information sheet be faxed back to this Secret Society for a 1200 page manuscript number 258. I did not fax the requested info back and a week later I received two envelopes in the mail to my address with my hard to spell last name spelled correctly. The letter said I was specially chosen to receive and become a new secret society member and would receive the wealth and riches etc by purchasing this manuscript for $135.50 plus $4.45 shipping and handling making it $ 139.95 and that was at a 43% discount if I sent the money by that Friday or it would be too late and that i would be too far progressed into Cycle Two. I was ready to hear that you could just read bold print and all the world was at your feet. I pray that some very lonely person does not fall for this they need to be stopped now that they are in my state it worries me.

As I was writing this 2 more letter's came in the mail. It reads Dear ------When you did not respond to your rare invitation into the Secret Society a few weeks ago, I was diappointed. I scrambled to get this last message off to you. You must undertand,------, this is truly a secret societyof very talented and accomplished individuals. We have elected you to join us because you do possess rare talents and enormous potential of the magnitude of other leading members in the exclusive Secret Society.

It looks like Iam out of the cycle two phase of my life and it has passed so now they are going to have to work extra hard to bring out my hidden talents but he convinced the leading members that I would be worth it. But after this Friday the 27th of Feb it will be too late for me to acquire the SS inside secrets. But they know I was born of greatness and someone special and the price went up to $140.00.
What ever I can do to put a stop to this let me know.

Cut Bank, Montana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2009 04:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Society/Dover-Delaware-19905-6305/The-Secret-Societys-Inside-Secrets-1200-pages-Dead-line-Friday-or-too-late-truely-one-of-427676. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society

Secret society scam and others

AUTHOR: Rachel - ()

I have received the "secret society" letter as of a week ago. Out of curiosity, I did fax back the first mailing,but after reading the "orientation" booklet in it's entirety, I noticed several things. 1. Even though ball the "personal stories" were supposedly written by different people, all the wording used in the testimonies was the same. 2. Why would rich, powerful,dynamic people need MY money to keep their socirty going? 3. In the orientation booklet, which is supposedly sent to all new nominees, the deadline is Friday. Surely, everyone doesn't enter into phase 2 of their cosmological transformation on a Monday.(?)

I have fallen victim of scams before (usually the door-to-door kind with a sad-eyed kid working their way through college). I called the ordering number printed in the inside cover of the booklet and also listed on the "secret" ordering page and a pre-recorded voice told me that "an operator was standing by and that this call might be recorded for customer assistant purposes" I thought this was a SECRET society! How many people are standing by?! The answer is this: As my bank has explained to me in the past, once you release payment to a company and/or individual, you are giving them consent to your money (I got scammed into a monthly drop-ship weight-loss product).

The ONLY way to stop this is to cancel your credit card, close your bank account or otherwise end access to the SPECIFIC method of payment you have authorized. The reason these scams are allowed to continue is because as long as a company and or individual supplies an actual product or service that you have pre-paid for, you have agreed that whatever they send you is worth the money you gave them in advance. It is a legal implied consent. The moral of the story is to do your research and be responsible. If someone attempts to scam you, make sure EVERYONE you know is aware of the scam.

#2 General Comment

Secret Society

AUTHOR: laszlobn - (United States of America)

2 weeks ago I also received a very polite letter to join the Secret Society, only under $ 150.-
and from then on I will be rich, lucky, I will be the nicest guy on the earth...
Hm...how come? I'm ugly as a hell and my luck is famously bad.
Of course I did the first step to be rich: I will not sending any money for the 2000 pg.
(suppose to be ancient) book
a non member

Neotech Secret Society/ The Secret Society's Inside Secrets

AUTHOR: R A H - (United States of America)

In the last few years I have received both these attempts to seduce me into buying this stuff many times.  I read this current version received 9/13/2010 and little had changed except the name.  See another good report filed on(((REDACTED))) with the old name they used Neotech, from someone who had actually bought the 2300 yr. old Greek manuscript & other materials but never met anyone at any secret meetings or made any money.

Thanks for pointing out that this is from &/ or connected with Kevin Trudeau, as I had just ordered stuff from him "Free Money They Don't Want You To Know About", pegging myself as a sucker to be scammed, but just this once.  I found that to be just as vague, useless and oversold as this would probably be, not giving any where near the results promised of making back what was spent on the program.  My loss, an experience I paid for, so can recover some value by sharing it with anyone I am able to.

#4 General Comment

To Bobbie of Cut Bank , Montana

AUTHOR: Casscat - (United States of America)

Although you posted your own report in 2009 , I can answer your question as to how to stop these Secret Society scammers from contacting you . I hope all others will profit from this Inside Secret to rid ourselves of THE SECRET SOCIETY . Ignore them . They will go away if nobody responds. Kevin Trudeau will hatch a new scam we can come back here to report . This has been going on since at least 2005 , if not longer . I , personally , would like to hear from somebody who ordered the Greek manuscript . I want to know what , if anything , they received for their money  , the content of the manuscript and what they have gained from reading it . Bet you that , too , is not worth the paper it's printed on and would like to know why The Secret Society has been able to continue to operate for years without being legally stopped . If anybody out there believes that The Secret Society is on the up and up , I would appreciate hearing why you think so . Maybe that's too much to ask since it is a secret and the so-called members won't even identify themselves . I suppose that , once you're in , you're in and no longer identifiable . Just one member of The Inner Circle needs to step forward publicly and state his (or her) position openly. I would like to know who my own "... highly recognizable celebrity ( you would be amazed if you knew who I am ," mentor was supposed to have been. He claimed to be hosting his own popular television show that airs nightly .

I am as angry as anybody out there that those people are targeting people on hard times who need hope and uplifting and who have their faith in God tested . Even though I wasn't tempted to send them money for anything whatsoever , it came at me when I had just lost my job and counting pennies was the norm . They are taking money from people who don't have it to give away and I would like to know why they are allowed to continue.