Complaint Review: The Secret Society's Inside Secrets

• Submitted: Mon, May 03, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 04, 2010

• Reported By: Almost scammed — Las Vegas Nevada USA
The Secret Society's Inside Secrets
2892 Westway Drive, Brunswick, OH 44212 Brunswick, Ohio United States of America

The Secret Society's Inside Secrets Received Special Mailing telling me I was specially selected to join the Secret Society Brunswick, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Special traits

*Consumer Comment: Secrets?

I received a mail last week which said I was specially selected to be let into the secrets of the rich and famous.  I am already very successful and quite rich but I was curious as I never heard of such a society and wondered if one really exist so I sent in my request for the free booklet.  When I received the booklet, the first page asked me to mail in the discounted $139.95 fee to get the 1200 page manuscript. I just thought to myself - why would they ask for money upfront if this is really true as I could pay them many times more later if what they said is true that I would make tons of money.

Everywhere in their booklet (and their initial letter) asks that I keep this secret and confidential which makes me feel it is fishy.  The only reason they want us to keep it secret is so that we wont let the scam out of the bag.  However, as an experiment I was toying with the idea of sending the money just to see what they would send me - then I decided to check the web - thinking I would probably not find anything since they have repeatedly mentioned secrecy - i did not expect anyone to write or talk about it.  But a quick search led me to this website and wow I was utterly surprised how many people have the same "special traits" that they claim I possess that would make me rich and famous - so I am not that "special" after all ..... For everyone of us who reported it here I am sure there are hundreds others who mailed in the check and the only ones getting rich are the perpetrators of this scame.  Hope the authorities find them soon and put them out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2010 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Secret-Societys-Inside-Secrets/Brunswick-Ohio-44212/The-Secret-Societys-Inside-Secrets-Received-Special-Mailing-telling-me-I-was-specially-s-599743. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Secret Society's Inside Secrets

Special traits

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"I was utterly surprised how many people have the same "special traits" that they claim I possess "

The "special traits" in question are gullibility and $140 to waste.   By posting here, it's obvious that you don't qualify for this particular secret society.

Secrets?

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

Common sense.

What would be the benefit to selling any "secrets" to get rich?

If someone knows a secret on how to get rich, they don't need to market it, they already are rich since they know the secret..make sense? And if they claim they are doing it for any charitable reasons..then they would not be charging for giving the "secret" away, or have the need to market it.