Complaint Review: The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau

• Updated: Thu, July 05, 2012

• Reported By: Lorraine Clarke — Pooler Georgia United States of America
The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau
PO Box 549012 Dallas, Texas United States of America

The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau I was notified I had won $285,000. To claim my prize I was told I had to send in $1,500. I informed them I was on disability and couldn't afford that. They called back to say I would only have to p This is a toal ripoff. They hang up whenever you ask a question. Extremely rude. Said they were Calling from New York City. Dallas, Texas

The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau notified me I had won $285,000.  To claim my prize, I had to pay $15000.  I explained I was on disability and couldn't afford that.  They called back and said I only had to pay $700 to claim my prize.  I couldn't inform that either.  They said they would call back with other options.  They didn't call back.  When I called back, I had to leave numerous messages to call back.  When they did call back, they said if I didn't pay the $750, they would return the money to the pool, and I would not receive.  When I asked why I had to pay anything to receive monies I had won, they hung up.  When I called back they were unreachable.  When I finally managed to conntect with the agent, he repeated that I had to pay $750 to pay for insuring sending the check.  When I again questioned why I had to pay anything, they again hung up and were unreachable after numerous attempts to connect.  Finally another person called me back, a Mr. Jack McCarthy, who was very rude, told me that the $700 was a federal requirement,  He suggested I call Mr. Michael Scott in the delivery dept.  Again I as disconnected and did not receive a call back from Mr. McCarthy until many attempts to reach him.  He said his company had blackout problems with their phones.  I do not believe this, as all disconnects occurred when I asked questions.  Mr. McCarthy was very rude, and said he was putting my winnings back in the pool, despite the fact that I did not say I was not going to pay and hung up on me.  I will be calling my State Attorney General and the FBI fraud department.  I will also try to contact Mr. Scott.  This is entirely a rip off.  I kept notes of our conversations.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2012 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Sweepstakes-Audit-Bureau/Dallas-Texas-549012/The-Sweepstakes-Audit-Bureau-I-was-notified-I-had-won-285000-To-claim-my-prize-I-was-t-907063. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Sweepstakes Audit Bureau