Complaint Review: The Tempelton Group LLC.

• Submitted: Tue, April 15, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, April 15, 2014

• Reported By: Juan — Queens Village New York
The Tempelton Group LLC.
1025 Old Country Road Westbury, New York USA

The Tempelton Group LLC. Hurting people already hurting. Westbury New York

I was looking for help  in getting my mother re-financing. I saw an ad in the newspaper and made the call. I spoke to a James Pope, senior consultant with the Tempelton Group, from Westbury, N.Y. He gave me some forms for the HARP program and requested an upfront payment of $2500.00. I gave him a check and postdated it for 3 weeks and informed him that I did not have that amount available at that time.

After reading the forms, I realized that I could have the paperwork done for no fee. I called James Pope the next day and advised him that I no longer needed his assistance. I thanked him and told him that I would put a stop on the check. Six months later, the check is presented, with an altered date for cashing. I just had the monthly mortgage and bills money when the check cleared.

I informed the bank that it was cashed with no services rendered,and an altered date but they informed me that it was not their responsiblity to pay me back. We never got the HARP help and it took several months of struggle to get out of that $2500 hole. I felt helpless, no one could help. I just now found the business card with all the info regarding this issue and plan to file a small claims against them. This all took place last April, 2013, I hope it's not too late to file a report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2014 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Tempelton-Group-LLC/Westbury-New-York-11590/The-Tempelton-Group-LLC-Hurting-people-already-hurting-Westbury-New-York-1138939. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Tempelton Group LLC.