Complaint Review: The Villa Group

The Villa Group
404 Camino del Rio South 4th floor San Diego, CA 9 San Diego, California USA

The Villa Group Say one thing deliver another San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: Timeshare Scam

*Author of original report: we the people

In July of 2013, my wife, 2 year old son, and I went to Puerto Vallarta where we were harangued, then finally caved into some people who wanted to sell us a hotel membership. We were given the red carpet treatment, great food, etc. and we were shown two huge suites, one a two bedroom and the other a 3 bedroom. At the signing all we talked about was the size of the bedrooms with the seller and how we were going to make use of that  huge kitchen (my wife loves to cook), and how we would invite our friends to vacation with us.

When we arrived home from vacation 2 weeks later, and I was finally able to examine the contract more closely, I decided to call the Villa Group number soon afterward. The young lady on the other end begins telling me how we will enjoy our studio apartment- and I found out then that the "5+" which we thought referred to 5 or more people (referring to the big rooms)actually meant "St" for studio. I told her this is not what we were promised, but she insisted that was we had signed for. The selling agent in Mexico had never mentioned a studio to us, we were never shown a studio, nor did we even know these were available. Not once was a studio mentioned to us. All along, we were under the impression we were getting the 2 bedroom (with the extra room which I thought I could use as a study). The selling agent never mentioned a studio. Had he mentioned it to us we more than likely would have asked to see it. We feel deceived, lied to, and realize that this must be how they make their money at Villa Group- through misrepresentation, deception, and fraud. I have contacted an attorney who will help us look into the matter, but I definitely do not want this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2013 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Villa-Group/San-Diego-California-92108/The-Villa-Group-Say-one-thing-deliver-another-San-Diego-California-1078928. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Villa Group

Timeshare Scam

AUTHOR: margaretsims90 - (USA)

Villa del Palmar timeshare is gaining a terrible reputation for scam innocent vacationers.

we the people

AUTHOR: J. A. L - ()

A petition has been started on the White House page. It reads:  Enact legislation that will be harsh on Timeshare companies that intentionally engage in deceptive language or actions. If this is something you are serious about, then please go onto the link below and register, then press "sign the petition."

Short URL: http://wh.gov/lBxch

Save and Share this URL: https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/enact-legislation-will-be-harsh-timeshare-companies-intentionally-engage-deceptive-language-or/ZMQkZvZP