Complaint Review: The Women's Information Network

• Updated: Fri, May 09, 2014

• Reported By: anonymous — Utah
The Women's Information Network
192 Lake Breeze Rd Saratoga Springs, Utah USA

The Women's Information Network The WIN, The WIN Online, The WIN claims to strengthen women's and families - instead it is DESTROYING lives. It's a SCAM Saratoga Springs Utah

*Consumer Comment: Disappointed in The WIN

*General Comment: Unfounded and Vicious Attack on Good Projects

I was drawn to The Women's Information Network "The WIN" because of its mission and vision to strengthen women and families worldwide. This was something I wanted to be a part of.  I was hired by founder and CEO Paula Fellingham with the promise to be paid “as soon as the money comes in from investors.”  I felt honored to be part of an organization that states on their website that it is the fastest growing women's network in the world and is THRIVING in 152 countries.  That sealed it for me, if I had to work without pay short term I could do that. I trusted Paula's word to pay me along with the rest of the team “as soon as the money came in.”  Paula reported almost daily of her meetings with investors, this dangling carrot is what kept me and the other WIN team members, hanging in there another day, another week another month, all on the promise that the money was coming soon and we would get paid for the diligent work we were doing to help grow the WIN.

As time went on, I began to question things being promised: stats being reported, facts claimed etc… Several of us on the WIN team began to do our due diligence and was flabbergasted with what we discovered - pretty much everything we had been told about the WIN was fabricated from the number of hits on the website to the number of “Live Events” to the number of countries the WIN is “in”. Paula has the analytics to prove the boisterous 500,000 – 1 million “unique” hits per month on the website, but it was discovered that she hired a company (promising to pay them “as soon as the money comes in”) to defer traffic to the website so the high numbers would attract investors.  It just doesn’t sound ethical to me. When I questioned the legality of the hits, her response was “well they are people”.  Technically “they are people”…the hits are deferred “people” from China and other Asian countries, but they are not looking for The Women’s Information Network.  They are what is called “garbage or dirty traffic”.  Paula calls them “unique hits”.

When I resigned from The WIN and cautioned people about Paula Fellingham and the WIN, Paula accused me of being slanderous and threatened me with legal action. I was told from others that left The WIN before me, that they too, received threatening emails and phone messages accusing them of being slanderous and trying to hurt Paula and The WIN, when in reality, we are only telling our own experience not wanting others to experience the same.

I have no doubt that Paula Fellingham started with a pure heart with real intent to make a difference for good in the world, but somewhere along the line the number of "hits on the website" and "the number of countries The WIN is in" and how big The WIN could look, became more important then growing a business with integrity.

Paula continues to move The WIN forward advertising WIN programs that don’t exist and humanitarian projects that are not happening. See www.theWINonline.com.  I recommend that if you are considering investing in The WIN or being part of The WIN in any capacity you do your due diligence. Snoop. Dig. Talk to any of the large number of WIN team members that have come and gone since 2009. On the surface the WIN looks amazing, but if you look behind the curtain you will see there is nothing there but Paula with a bunch of new faces working hard to fulfill Paula’s dream, believing they will actually help women of the world and also hearing the promise that “as soon as the money comes in you will be paid.”

There are so many “real” Women’s organizations that ARE making a difference in this world that you can get involved with – skip this one.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2014 11:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/The-Womens-Information-Network/Saratoga-Springs-Utah-84043/The-Womens-Information-Network-The-WIN-The-WIN-Online-The-WIN-claims-to-strengthen-wome-1121747. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on The Women's Information Network

Disappointed in The WIN

AUTHOR: Event goer - ()

I first saw The Women's Information Network a few years ago and thought it seemed cool.  I finally had the opportunity to go to a Global Women's Summit and it was canceled because there weren't enough people registered.  It took a while to get my refund.  Sounds like a lot of mismanagement going on based on this.  That's too bad.

#2 General Comment

Unfounded and Vicious Attack on Good Projects

AUTHOR: Hector - ()

I am shocked to see these unkind, vicious and untrue comments about The WIN and Paula Fellingham. I know they are not true and I’m writing to let people know that. People with little or no self esteem, pride, drive and purpose in their lives always tend to accuse others without knowing the facts.  I am honored to let you know that I know Paula Fellingham for over seven years.  I have worked with her and I am honored to be called her friend.  Paula is full of integrity, kindness, and love. I have never known Paula to lie, even when it would have benefited her.

The WIN has a presence  in 152 countries. I know this because I have gone to most of her seminars and have spoken to her while she was overseas.  I have seeing the emails from around the world and have been there when women from all over the world have called her.  Paula has dedicated her life to the betterment of women worldwide and works 17 hours a day doing so.  She has taught, teaches, and encourages women in many countries to believe in themselves, to have love, courage and to become the best human being they can possibly be.  You can see for yourselves by going to  theWINonline.com - Click on every page and you will understand and support her goal.

The WIN has had and currently have a database of OVER 100 million email addresses and information ranging from 20 fields to 200 fields.  Paula is telling the truth about the list.  I know this because I am involved in the washing and up-keeping of such list. As far as the WIN valuation, Paula is actually being conservative about the WIN's worth.  The WIN is valued now substantially more than that.  This information has been accumulated by 3rd party experts.  People who allow their anger, insecurity, lack of self worth and irrational behavior to make accusations should check the facts first then act.  The WIN is a C Corporation and has a non-profit arm called Sum1.org, dedicated to educating women and girls worldwide. The WIN is actually a "for profit" corporation with a "non-profit" arm.

The WIN BIG Event in Los Angeles had over 250 attendees, I know that because I attended and took over 1,500 pictures!!.  The testimonials from women who loved the event and support the WIN vision are too numerous to mention.  Paula is the real deal, and she doesn't spend her time falsely accusing people or persecuting them for any reason.  Whoever wrote that nasty comment on Paula and the WIN should learn from one of the many positive pages in Paula Fellingham’ life.   They should also put their name in full view in their complaints of those they unjustly persecute.