Complaint Review: thedigitalhunter.com

• Updated: Wed, March 07, 2012

• Reported By: angry — Daleville Indiana United States of America
thedigitalhunter.com
Hollywood, FL 33024 Hollywood, Florida United States of America

thedigitalhunter.com they used extreme high pressure tactics, and lie. they do not follow their printed satisfaction guarentee; they stole $207 from me. Hollywood, Florida

On Feb 16th I placed an online order, then
changed my mind. I tried to cancel my order that morning before my full payment
was made, but was told by Ben Thomas that I could not. He pressured me into
purchasing a new 2011 model of a Canon ef28-135 pro STEEL digital lens for
$1,150.00.  The paypal money was received by Mordi Kameo.
I called several times to get info on this lens, which was promised but not sent.
Upon arrival, the exact lens, (which I have had for years), is on your website for $479 (it is also listed on Amazon.com for $379). Its not in a new canon box. The lens info is not included, just a generic warranty card.
It took hours to get through to 'Josh' who read scripted lies to me... Please listen to our phone conversation as he changes his story by the second.
I did finally get my refund minus 15%. However, when I received their policy, it stated the lens could have been canceled when I talked to Ben Thomas. [continued below]....
..... However he told me in our conversation that I would forfeit my partial payment if I cancelled (they had already taken $499.99 out of my checking account).
I recorded several conversations... (I was put on hold and left or disconnected numerous times. Here are a few snippets... I only wish I could've recorded the high pressure tactics of Ben Thomas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/thedigitalhuntercom/Hollywood-Florida-33024/thedigitalhuntercom-they-used-extreme-high-pressure-tactics-and-lie-they-do-not-follow-849895. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on thedigitalhunter.com