Complaint Review: thedigitalpros.com

• Updated: Tue, March 11, 2014

• Reported By: Scott — Salem Massachusetts
thedigitalpros.com
Internet USA

thedigitalpros.com total scam and bait and switch when ordering a camera online and then was yelled at and insulted Internet

Ordered a camera online from them over the weekend and received an email Monday morning that in order to finish the order we had to call and verify the order.  So we called the 888 number and punched in extension 1 to speak with Jerry.  Jerry proceeded to tell me the battery and charger were not included, battery was another $99 and the charger was another $180.  When I said I would get my own battery and charger he asked me "so you're going to give a gift to someone that they can't even use?" to which I replied, I have a friend that can get them for me.  He then proceeded to say that was the friend going to buy the camera for me too and when I tried to ask the question about why are these other charges not on the site or the order process he proceeded to talk over me.  so I asked if I could ask a question and he wouldn't let me get a work in at all, when i said I didn't understand why there were more costs he proceseded to tell ask me" do you want the english version or the international because you ordered the international which is all in Chinese".  I said to him why would I order the chinese version when I'm ordering from Massachusetts and am clearly not chinese, he said "why do you think it was only $400 the american version of the camera is $700"... which is a lie considering walmart and best buy have it for $459.  I tried to ask another question and he proceeded to literally yell at me and then said "why are you buying a gift you can't afford?" so I told him to cancel the order.  He yelled at me again and I raised my voice and said cancel the order.  He said I would be charged a 10% cancellation fee?

I hung up and called back and asked for a manager, someone answerered who I am confident is not a manager but said they would waive the fee and cancel the order.  If I see one dollar on my account I am going to the attorney generals office.

Never have I ever been so rudely spoken to and dealt with in my 30 years of working in a service business and I will review them on every site possible.

Avoid these scam artists at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/10/2014 11:57 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/thedigitalproscom/internet/thedigitalproscom-total-scam-and-bait-and-switch-when-ordering-a-camera-online-and-then-1129606. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on thedigitalpros.com