Complaint Review: TheTVMegaStore.com

• Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: Pete — Richboro Pennsylvania
TheTVMegaStore.com
904 Ave U Brooklyn, New York USA

TheTVMegaStore.com False Advertising, Fraudulent practices, theft, non-reimbursal Brooklyn New York

I purchased what was advertised as and what I believed to be a NEW 60" large-screen Sharp LED TV back in March of 2012. When received, the TV turned out to be defective and, rather than honoring the advertised 1-year warranty on the set and replacing the set, TVMegaStore suggested I follow-up with Sharp customer support for warranty service. When I supplied the TV's serial number to Sharp, they informed me that it was actually a REFURBISHED TV, that the factory-warranty had expired but they would repair it at their cost as a "one-time courtesy". Sharp dispatched a local Sharp-service rep to evaluate the TV. I was without the TV for almost a month, was told that it's not repairable and was offered an upgrade to a newer model for $520 additional cost. When I informed the owner of TV Megastore ("Henry") of this situation, he advised me to purchase the new upgraded model and that he would reimburse me for the cost of the upgrade. I purchased the upgrade to the new set and "Henry" sent me an e-mail on June 14, 2012 stating "we will credit you the cost of the new set". He promised me that the reimbursal payment or credit will be sent for weeks but to this date I've never received a check. I've tried written complaints to the BBB and the NYC Attorney General's office and neither could (or would) help.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 09:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TheTVMegaStorecom/Brooklyn-New-York-11223/TheTVMegaStorecom-False-Advertising-Fraudulent-practices-theft-non-reimbursal-Brookl-1058222. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TheTVMegaStore.com