Complaint Review: Thin Perfect Body

• Updated: Sat, December 14, 2013

• Reported By: Joe — Glen Arm Maryland
Thin Perfect Body
912642 St. George, Utah USA

Thin Perfect Body, Pure Garcinia Cambrogia, Nutrition hacked, scammed, ripped off St. George Utah

My friend has been using garcinia cambogia; recently she received an email (supposedly from her daughter but with no note - we think her daughter was hacked) forwarding information about garcinia cambogia.  She showed me the website, which had an excerpt from the Dr. Oz show, offered 100 %Pure Garcinia Cambogia, and had a tab to receive a 10% discount on one bottle.  I clicked the tab for one bottle.  The next page had blanks for name, address, phone, etc. and a blank for your credit card number.  After filling out that page, I expected a page to pop up where I could choose how many items and click "process order".  Instead, the next page said "congratulations on your order", charged me $159.00, and signeed me up for a monthly membership at $9.49/month.  I immediately called the number listed and asked why one bottle was $159.00.  I was told I had ordered five bottles.  I said I had clicked the box for one bottle at 10% off, and only wanted one bottle.  I was told the order couldn't be changed, and that I couldn't send the product back once it arrived. I asked the rep to cancel the monthly menmbership.  After more discussion, I was offered a 20% discount.  The customer service rep could not tell me the brand name of the product.  The next day I called customer service again and asked for a supervisor.  The supervisor told me the brand was "Pure".  She also reiterated that I could not return any of the bottles because I had accepted the 20% discount.  Had I not done that, I could have returned them, she said. ( However, the first customer service rep did not tell me that, even when I asked about a return.)  She said the website automatically checks five bottles and the user has to unclick that number if they want less.  I told her I never saw that page.  She insisted that if I put in my card number I had to see that page (later my friend went back to her emailed site - the credid card blank was on the first order page and there was no amount to unclick there).
I subsequently called my credit card company to dispute the charge.  I was told their hands were tied because Thin Perfect Body, Pure, or Nutrition's small print stated "no returns".  So I was stuck with five bottles of a product which I am now not even sure is garcinia cambogia.  It's been a week and I haven't seen the product or the 20% discount; I don't know if the monthly charge was really cancelled.  The $159.00 showed up immediately, however, under the name Thin Perfect Body.  Their email address goes to Nutrition and lists the brand name as Jupiter.  If it looks and smells like a scam, it probably is.  Buyer beware.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2013 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thin-Perfect-Body/St-George-Utah-84791/Thin-Perfect-Body-Pure-Garcinia-Cambrogia-Nutrition-hacked-scammed-ripped-off-St-Geo-1107024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thin Perfect Body