Complaint Review: Things Remembered

• Reported By: E — Alhambra California United States of America
Things Remembered
400 South Baldwin Ave, Ste 344 Arcadia, California United States of America

Things Remembered - Corrupt Business Practice Arcadia, California

I came here to purchase and engrave an item. The staff member helped me with the details but kept upselling the font type used on the letters before revealing that it would cost more to do so when I was rung up. I had a 5$ coupon so I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

However, when I showed her the coupon, the staff member made up a bunch of reasons to not accept it. She first said that it was invalid. I said it couldn't be invalid because I just got it a few days ago through their company email and was within the expiration date. Next she said it was used. That also wasn't true since I had never been to a Things Remembered before to actually make a purchase. I also know that the coupon codes are not unique so anyone could use it. After telling them this, she finally says that people have been bringing in fake coupons. This also makes no sense as it came from her company.

Finally, she said she would let me use to coupon to join the Things Remembered club which costs 5$. This had no merit as I wanted the 5$ off my purchase since engraving a few letters already tacked on a bunch of additional charges. I don't want to join some silly club.

I eventually emailed customer service. I received a response from the representative who said they would contact their district manager to issue me a refund. However, it has been over a month and I have not heard from this district manager.

This company's business practice is very disappointing. My experience with this dishonest staff member is certainly something that will be remembered.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2012 02:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Things-Remembered/Arcadia-California-91007/Things-Remembered-Corrupt-Business-Practice-Arcadia-California-899567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Things Remembered