Complaint Review: Thomas Nissan

• Updated: Tue, October 01, 2013

• Reported By: Concerned customer — Joliet Illinois
Thomas Nissan
1427 North Larkin Ave Joliet , Illinois USA

Thomas Nissan Fraud did not perform service / Unethical / Beware Joliet Illinois

*Author of original report: Misunderstanding

Faud Fraud Fraud Fraud. On September 27th i took my vehicle in for a simple oil change and tire rotation.  I explained to the service advisor that I am in a little bit of a rush could you expedite the services.

The service advisor stated that it would take 30 minutes I said fine no problem.  Upon my vehicle entering the shop I observed the lube technician rack the vehicle and proceed to perform the tire rotation.  The lube technician was reinstalling the lug nuts with the impact gun!!! He did not hand sart the the lug nuts. In addition, he did not have a torque stick on the impact gun.

As he started to install the rear drivers side wheel he put the gun down and threw his hand up in the air.  The service manager explains to me that they found a stripped stud on the rear wheel and since I have had all my tire rotations performed at their service department they will repair it at no charge... Really!!! I just observed your technician strip it. Shortly after they explained that since I was in a rush could I attend my appointment and return later that day to have the lug nuts installed.

I agreed and proceeded to my appointment, but before I  left they stated they would call me when they checked to make sure they had the parts to repair it.  Well, I finished the appointment no call fromthe dealer after an hour.  I called them and they said sorry for not calling please bring it in.  I drove another 45 miles about 90 round trip for the lug nut repair.  They moved my vehicle in to the shop fairly quickly and after waiting two hours the vehicle was placed outside.   Upon walking up to my vehicle I checked the tires and found that the lugnutswere still missing I asked what happened and I was told they didn't have the lug nuts in stock.

I explained that I called before arriving and they said sorry we will replace them for you when we get them.  So , Monday September 30th I called the service manager and explained what happened he apolagized and asked to bring the vehicle in.  He also gave me a discount on a transmission flush so I took the deal.  It was about a half hour before closing, but they stated they would do the service for my inconvineince.

After an hour my vehicle was finished the lug nuts were installed and I procedded to drive home , but started wondering why they placed my vehicle in the last rack and placed a car in front of it.  Well stopped at another dealer and asked if they could pull a sample of fluid from the transmission.  They agreed and placed a suction pump in the dipstick tube and vaccumed a sample for me .  The fluid was dark brown and never changed.

I returned it to Thomas Nissan only to be met with accusations that I placed dirty transmission fluid in a bottle.  Please BEWARE of Thomas Nissan also known as the Thomas Promoise, more like the Thomas lie. The only good people that were there once quit.  All thats left are unethical liers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2013 07:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thomas-Nissan-/Joliet-Illinois-60435/Thomas-Nissan-Fraud-did-not-perform-service-Unethical-Beware-Joliet-Illinois-1088771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thomas Nissan

Misunderstanding

AUTHOR: Concerned customer - ()

The issue was a misunderstanding and is now solved.