Complaint Review: Thousand Trails - NACO - Leisure Time

• Submitted: Fri, February 13, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, November 24, 2012

• Reported By:Seattle Washington
Thousand Trails - NACO - Leisure Time
2325 HWY 90 Gautier, Mississippi U.S.A.

Leisure Time Resorts - Thousand Trails - NACO West These companies are all related & they lie to members. They add fee's on your bill for things you don't order. They CLOSE CAMPGROUNDS that were originally open when you buy your membership without your knowledge or permission. They lied & said to me that the CASCADE Campground was closed because a hospital was built there when in reality a CASINO was built there! I know this cuz I saw it myself Gautier Mississippi

*Consumer Comment: Spotty performance

*Consumer Comment: SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM!!!

*Consumer Comment: Very Inaccurate information

*Consumer Comment: Member since 1990

All three of these companies are related and all are VERY crooked. Leisure Time; Thousand Trails and Naco (West?). DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BUYING INTO THIS COMPANY - DO NOT EVEN ACCEPT THE MEMBERSHIP IF a relative GIVES IT TO YOU, as happened to me! You will be required to pay dues that go up every year, (and then you get LESS every year by the way) and if you have no way out because NOBODY will buy your membership - shoot, you cannot even GIVE It away for free! Just look on CraigsList and see this as fact.

These companies are in cahoots and have more than one address, in that they have PO Box 78843, Phoeniz, AZ 85062-8843 as well as the actual PHYSICAL address that I listed below.

This is what they have done in the 8 years or so since I have been a member. Without consulting me or any other members, they CLOSE any campground(s) that they want to. When asked why it closed I was told by hired park ranger that the Company didn't have enough "use" to "warrant" keeping the park open AND that the Company didn't have enough money to pay to keep the park open. This applied to keeping the park open full time (they reduced one park down from being open all year, to only 6 months) as well as completely closing any park they want.

THEY LIED to me by saying that the reason they closed the very nice park that used to be called CASCADE (near the outskirts of Western Washington) due to "imminent domain" and asked me if I was intelligent to know what that meant. This was said to me on more than one occassion by more than one person. THEY LIED TO ME by saying that this same campground was closed because a hospital HAD to be built there. Well folks, I'm here to tell you that I work in the medical field and I live not far from there and have been there since they sold it and there is NO medical facility or hospital of any kind there. THEY SOLD THE LAND TO ALLOW A CASINO TO BE BUILT ON IT!! Not any hospital.

When I called to complain they said that they opened up another campground to 'replace' that one that was closed. Well, that was like comparing apples to oranges. The nicely appointed and located (just off I-90) campgroung site that they closed was replaced with Grandy Creek which is in an entirely different part of the state of Washington and is not much more than a dirt pile. No ammenities, etc.

Also during the time I was there, they had already closed this Grandy Creek once, but decided to reopen it to "replace" the very nice and convenient Cascade campground. They limited hours and days of use on many campgrounds.

The one poor soul who I spoke to in Gautier, MS told me that she was sorry but she was only making $8.00 per hour to work there and that she was a single mother of 3 trying to keep her family afloat........... she worked in customer service and was not in managment. The peopel in management spoke very harshly to me and were not at all friendly or polite.

If you join this organization you will regret it. I personally think they are going broke, but regardless, I would love to join in on ANY CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT against these companies. I smell a rat and it goes by the company name(s) of LEISURE TIME / THOUSAND TRAILS & NACO WEST.

Sherry & Spouse
Seattle, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2009 01:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thousand-Trails-NACO-Leisure-Time/Gautier-Mississippi-39553/Leisure-Time-Resorts-Thousand-Trails-NACO-West-These-companies-are-all-related-they-423818. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thousand Trails - NACO - Leisure Time

Spotty performance

AUTHOR: George - ()

I agree. This company can be user friendly and then negative at the same time. When trying to end the contract they put up many barriers. My wife and I would be interested in any class action pursued. We have tried to give away our membership without success. When we inform them we are going to cancel the membership, we are told we will have to go to court or we must pay a huge fee.

SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM!!!

AUTHOR: :Jeff-Louis: - (United States of America)

Hello, My name is Jeff Louis. My business partner Michael Maus and myself are also "Gold Elite" members of Thousand Trails RV Resorts for about one year now and we have already had serious issues with the way the company does things and allows things to be done by management (David Watkins/Pio Pico RV Park) that are just flat out not ok...and they allow it to be done without any recourse, or any remorse of any kind...and that is just not ok! We have met with other members and lessees also quite upset at the way they were lied to and yet they paid all their dues and still have yet to receive what was promised. So now we are here to help and add our hard evidence, knowledge of the court room, connections and assistance in any way we can. Please have this couple get back to us asap, so we can start getting this thing organized. If we do this right, it can be done peacefully where everyone wins, even the crooked corporation will make more money and actually have happy members/families...and especially children, whom have all said these parks suck and very boring... Time to change that. If the corporation chooses not to do the right thing, then we are looking at some really high level "class-action" law suites being implemented and we are one of them...ready and present.

Very Inaccurate information

AUTHOR: rmorgan - (United States of America)

The individual whom reported the NACO issue does not have all of the information and has not followed through with research to have a proper analysis on the resorts.

My family has been members of NACO in Spokane since 1979. At the very beginning of the resorts people were more than willing to travel cross country. Now consumers are looking in his/her back yard for resorts just to get out of the city.

At first all of these business were seperate and in the past 10 years the resorts have been merging. This allows the members to keep his/her membership just for NACO or any other merge company. The company has been diligent with keeping members informed of new out comes, but it is actually up to you to research the information.

When the companies merged the members had a chance to go with the merge or keep the membership as is. So, if a member did not choose to merge with all companies it was the individuals choice.

I received my membership 10 years ago by my father for Christmas and he has paid the dues every year. We take advantage of the resorts in Washington and Oregon. Even before we leave we talk to the main office to reserve our place and make sure changes have not occured.

In regards to the NACO closing it does not matter if it became a Casino or Hospital because it is no longer there. When property comes up for sale several business may ask for the property and usually the company does not know who is purchasing it. At least the company told you the site was closed.

Please research and talk to the company first before stating information that is inaccurate.

Member since 1990

AUTHOR: sunshine and patrick - (United States of America)

Hello Sherry;
I found your report very interesting.  I have been a member since 1990 and found your report on Grady Creek Resort replacing Cascade very confusing.  I do not understand that replacement since I still have materials of what resorts Leisure Time had open in 1990.  The only time I have known Grady Creek not to be open in the 90's was during winter when it was dangerous to  travel there.

I joined at Cascade Resort and always have been confused about my home resort being at Oceana Resort.  I am disappointed in Cascade selling and was told exact reason you were  given in losing my closest resort to my home.

I have been insulted in a meeting several years ago by a NATO reprensenative and several nasty things were said to me when I was late for the meeting.  I find that the only time I am contacted is when they want to sell me another package.

Last year when I went by Paradise Resort, (for a day trip) I was impress by new management there.  He was making an effort to not only clean up the grounds but, there was a big improvement from all the staff. The time previously was a real disaster and that's another story.

Sunshine and Company