stuck

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Christine — Lyndeborough New Hampshire USA
thredUp
580 Market St 4th Floor San Francisco, California United States of America

thredUp thredUp Inc. Steal, lie and claim to misplace your items. San Francisco, California

My story is similar to the others here on ripoff report. I sent in a bag of clothes that where in like new condition and of good name brands. Out of about 20 items they accepted 2 and claim that the rest were to worn, had stains or was pilling etc. ThredUp does not return unaccepted items so count it as a loss. They have no proof that they actually sent your items to a charity it is just their word against your loss. The items they give you credit for are not the items of most value.

As a purchasing consumer the quality is not that great either. We bought a zip-up knitted Gymboree sweater for our daughter, which was faded and not worth the full price they where selling it for ($16).  As a new customer we got $10 off our first purchase and it ended up being $6 (it's real worth for the condition). I will NEVER use this business again. I could have given this clothes to my local consignment and received more for my efforts. What a Ripoff!.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/25/2013 06:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/thredUp/San-Francisco-California-94104/thredUp-thredUp-Inc-Steal-lie-and-claim-to-misplace-your-items-San-Francisco-Californ-1003534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on thredUp