• Report: #194511

• Submitted: Fri, June 02, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2007

• Reported By:San Mateo California
Threedom Sales
P.O. Box 916 Denton, Texas U.S.A.

Threedom Sales, Door-to-door magazine salesgirl, promised delivery magazine in 90-120 days. Denton Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Who thanks his for beating him

*Consumer Suggestion: Wow...

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: The other side of the fence

On February 17th, a young woman came to my door selling magazines. She told me they were having a contest and that if she won, they would be going to Cancun. Her name was Sheila (if that's really her name). I purchased a subscription to "Parents" magazine for 2 years. She told me there would be a processing fee of $10, but if I contributed more cash, she would get more points.

I gave her $20 and the remainder in a check. I have never received the magazine. When I attempted to call the number on the receipt, I found out it was disconnected. I called directory assistance, and they had no such listing. I really feel taken advantage of and will NEVER buy from door-to-door salespeople again!

Lisa
San Mateo, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2006 05:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Threedom-Sales/Denton-Texas-76202/Threedom-Sales-Door-to-door-magazine-salesgirl-promised-delivery-magazine-in-90-120-days-194511. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Threedom Sales

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Who thanks his for beating him

AUTHOR: Ihatescammers - (U.S.A.)

I find it hard to believe that the rebuttal from the former employee is legitimate. Why would anyone thank their bosses for physically beating them when they didn't meet their sales goals? Why would you thank your boss for not purchasing solicitors' permits in every city, which always resulted in sales reps being jailed and having to go through hell to get the marks removed from their records? That doesn't make sense at all. If you were promoted to sales manager, why are you working for another company right now, instead of still running your own magazine crew?

If you really were 'promoted,' there's a 99% chance that you lost money because of all of the fees that the home office told you that you had to pay and you had no choice but to step down, because you owed your former bosses more money than you were making. There is no way that anyone who went through that would be thanking their bosses for the hell that they went through. I'm convinced that this so-called grateful former owner is someone with a vested interest in the company-as in a manager or owner.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Wow...

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

It's nice to hear that you are doing SOOOOO well. You own and operate a sales crew of 12-15, make tons of cash, and work in a 35 floor office building? Wow, if I had a dollar for every time I heard THAT story from a WAB agent, I could OWN that 35 floor office building.

Chances are very good that you live at home with your parents after not being able to hack it on crew. That's cool and all, but don't think that everyone that reads this stuff is as much as a guppy as Mr. and Mrs. Jones were.

Here is where I see a problem.
1) You spent 7 months on crew. If you were such a power agent to run a crew of your own, you would still be there.
2) I know people who were 15 sale a day agents who were on crew for years. When they left, there were NO opportunities, because Magcrew isn't plausible, let alone your former manager giving a Weak Ass a shining reference.

Please, for the sake of us who knocked T for years, cut the bs.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

AUTHOR: Barry - (U.S.A.)

I worked on this mag crew for 7 months and I know the involved party personaly. I have been to there house and they co Working with threedom sales changes my life for the better in a way that I can not ever thank them for. I was kind of different that some of the kids in the fact that I was raised by very wealthy parents. Without working with threedom sales, I would still be stuck in that frame of mind I have grown to dislike.

After working on the crew, my people skills and interpersonal communication skills sky-rocketed. I am now a successfull sales manager and manage 12-15 sales people in an sales enviroment everyday. Although working on the crew is not like my 35 floor office building i work in everyday, the people are exactly the same. Just people. Get some points guys and gals. Make sure you have a goal. Own your own company. Work hard and save that$$$$! ITS POSSIBLE.. ASK RICK AND KELLY.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds