Complaint Review: Thrift Auto Sales

74 Route 46 East Mountain Lakes, New Jersey USA

Thrift Auto Sales HORRIBLE CAR DEALER Mountain Lakes New Jersey

*Author of original report: ramjet You're Correct

*Consumer Comment: Mechanic?

This dealer is a scam! They took our deposit for a vehicle, paperwork, loan and everything else completed but we waited almost 2 weeks before we could get the car. Within that time, we realized that the sales person made a mistake on the warranty, we paid for ultimate and we got value pack. The sales person said he would change it and acknowledged the mistake (tape recorded). However, in the end they refused to change the warranty because they would lose out.

Once we got the vehicle a BMW 328XI, my husband took it to the BMW dealer to check it out. The test revealed $3,600 of repairs that needed to get done. I brought it back to the dealer because I purchased a 90-day warranty for $1,895 in addition to a 2-yr warranty and we were told if anything went wrong with the car to bring it back, so we did. They gave us a hard time to fix the vehicle but eventually they decided to fix the car. They took the car to a so-called specialist who had no clue what they were doing, we were constantly calling about the vehicle, got into a lot of arguments over the shady repairs and we were not happy with their service at all. It took these incompetent people almost 4 weeks to fix something that takes less than 2 days. The worse part about it is that they didn't even do a good job on the repair, there is still more work to be done. FOOLS!!!

I ended up cancelling the warranty and they have yet to send their markup portion $1,500 to the lien holder. I guess we're going to court.

This company is a rip-off; customer service is POOR once they have your money. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE, not even the dead... HORRIBLE!!!

NICK (Owner), RICK (Finance), MARK (sales)  and WINNER (lot manager) all ass…es, lie in front your face... They also go at each other to put on a show, like people are stupid. They play games with the phone, they play games with who's working and who's not, they just don't care.

The best thing you can do to protect yourself, is to tape record your conversations. I DID! They owe me $1,500 for the warranty cancellation and if I don't get it, I will be going to court, consumer affairs and news channel with my recordings. GOOD LUCK!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/28/2014 09:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrift-Auto-Sales/Mountain-Lakes-New-Jersey-07046/Thrift-Auto-Sales-HORRIBLE-CAR-DEALER-Mountain-Lakes-New-Jersey-1142302. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrift Auto Sales

ramjet You're Correct

AUTHOR: Kescher3 - ()

I should have checked it out first but seeing that I had bought a vehicle there before with no problems or headaches I trusted them a second time. I didn't even check on any review sites, so yes it was my fault. But they will not return my money for canclling the warranty and that's my biggest problem right now!

Mechanic?

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

Wouldn't it have been a better strategy to get the car inspected BEFORE you bought it?

I understand your complaints about the warranty but if you had known all that was wrong with it you could have walked away or made sure it was fixed BEFORE you bought it.

Just a suggestion.