Complaint Review: Thriftway Auto Body

• Updated: Thu, November 07, 2013

• Reported By: Anna — Copiague New York
Thriftway Auto Body
143 Adams Avenue, Hempstead NY Hempstead, New York USA

Thriftway Auto Body John Albrecht Took My Money to Fund His Business-Took My Dream From Me Hempstead New York

*Consumer Comment: Thrift-Way Is A Reputable Company

*General Comment: pay when work is done

I brought my car into Thriftway Auto Body to have my car rebuilt for the sole purpose of racing. I gave John Albrecht $16,000 to have a 25.5 certtified custom built roll cage for my car. He told me he would complete the work on my car in a period of 12 weeks. 23 MONTHS have past and my car is still not done. I went there a few weeks ago to find that my engine is not on premises!!!!

I asked him to refund my money but he told me he does not have it and that he will work on my car this week (THAT WAS A MONTH AGO!) So now what??? My car is not done, the engine is not there and he has $16,000 of my hard earned cash.

John Albrecht and Thriftway Auto Body www.thriftwayautobody.com is a liar and a theif!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/07/2013 05:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thriftway-Auto-Body/Hempstead-New-York-11550/Thriftway-Auto-Body-John-Albrecht-Took-My-Money-to-Fund-His-Business-Took-My-Dream-From-1097771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thriftway Auto Body

Thrift-Way Is A Reputable Company

AUTHOR: JReese - ()

Counter to the prior comment, I have been dealing with John and Thrift-Way Auto for over a decade.  They have been nothing but 100% honest and fair in their dealing and I have used them many times for repairs and work.  I would 100% recommend them and for anyone reading the prior user's comments there MUST be more to that story.  John is a high character reputable individual.

#2 General Comment

pay when work is done

AUTHOR: Aleksander - ()

that is why you never pay upfront even %. when work completed he gets payed he does nothing he gets nothing everybody is unharmed