Complaint Review: Thrifty car rental

• Reported By: SuziQ — 1dd New York United States of America
Thrifty car rental
Orlando airport Orlando, Florida United States of America

Thrifty car rental Flat out lies, deceptive upsell Orlando, Florida

I had a web reservation for economy car to pickup at Orlando do airport. The rep tried everything she could to sell me upgrade insurance EZ pass. She told me an economy car does not have automatic locks and windows and I would not be happy driving this car. She then informed me that the Florida Turnpike does not have cash lanes and I would need to purchase a daily EZPass even though I would only be on toll roads for 1 day. I refused both which made her very annoyed. The e onto my car did have automatic locks and windows. The Florida Tpk DOES have cash lanes. Reading other complains about Thrifty, I have no reason to believe that this company endorses these behaviors in their agents.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2013 11:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-car-rental/Orlando-Florida-/Thrifty-car-rental-Flat-out-lies-deceptive-upsell-Orlando-Florida-1000575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty car rental