Complaint Review: Thrifty Car Sells (Adam Goldring)

• Submitted: Mon, July 22, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: jmartin011588 — mesa Arizona
Thrifty Car Sells (Adam Goldring)
881 N Arizona Ave gilbert, Arizona USA

Thrifty Car Sells (Adam Goldring) stole my money sold me a broken car very rude gilbert Arizona

*Author of original report: UPDATE

*Consumer Comment: If I believe you

Hi my name is Jason M, I went to Thrifty Car to get a car and they put me in a 2006 GMC Envoy. I was driving it for 3 months, then the owner Adam Goldring called me and told me that he does not want me to have that car. He never told me why, he just said if I don't bring it back he will repo the car I paid a 1800 down payment for and I was making my payments to them on time I told him no, then a tow truck came to my house and towed it away back to Thrifty. I went down there and they told me Adam "just left" and they would not give me back my deposit  so I called Adam and he told me he has the perfect car for me he put me in a 1997 Ford Expedition with 210,000 miles on it, I had no choice so I had to take it. He called it his Mexico car because  he said that's what the Mexicans drive then he laughed he also told me nothing was wrong with it when I started to drive it stalled a lot  and so I took it to a mechanic and he told me a lot was wrong with it and it would cost $2,000 to fix it and then I found out he told the bank that is financing it that it was a 2003 Ford Expedition I just called him on his cell phone and he told me that he had to tell the bank that because they would not finance a 1997 and he said all he can do is trade it out he was so rude too. He talked over me a lot and he started to yell at me and tell me that his car was also broken and it's the heats fault the Ford is broken because it never did good in summers I hate Thrifty Car so much. The only nice person there was a manager named Mike.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Car-Sells-Adam-Goldring/gilbert-Arizona-85233/Thrifty-Car-Sells-Adam-Goldring-stole-my-money-sold-me-a-broken-car-very-rude-gilbert-A-1069262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Car Sells (Adam Goldring)

UPDATE

AUTHOR: jmartin011588 - ()

I wanted to update the story I posted I never got a car before this was my first time I have all the paper work to back me up I have a attorney and we are going to sue them they repossessed my car 5 days before my first payment was due and they won’t let me get anything out of the car that is mine

If I believe you

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

If and only if I believe your story, you could successfully sue them. However, I don't. The reason is that you said you paid for the car on time but they still tow the car. And then you DID NOT call the police in attempt to record what happened? But rather you accepted what they did (tow the car even though you paid it on time)? This does NOT make sense at all. If you are going to tell this story to any judge at a court, the judge will stop you right there because it makes NO sense.

So please start telling the TRUTH about what really happened before you get the junk car.