Complaint Review: Thrifty Propane

• Reported By: JustPlainTruth — Defiance Ohio USA
Thrifty Propane
Medina, Ohio United States of America

Thrifty Propane Phone Soliciatation Medina, Ohio

*Author of original report: No more problems since filing complaint with RR

*General Comment: Legal Notice

*UPDATE Employee: Policy Modified

At first, Thrifty Propane seemed like a pretty good company with reasonable prices and quality product so I purchased a tank and fuel from them.  However eventually I began to get unsolicited phone calls from them.  I asked them to stop but the calls kept coming.  So far I have told them 3 times to remove my name from their lists.  They just say they do and they don't.  I use prepaid cell phone with a number used only for emergencies.  Calls from them disrupt me in classroom during tests and such.  I do not need them calling me to tell me to buy gas.  I know how to buy gas.  I told them I would stop doing business with them should they call me one more time-three times ago.  I will not tolerate this any more.  Me doing business with them again is out of the question now; at this point it is just how many places I complain and raise a stink.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Propane/Medina-Ohio-/Thrifty-Propane-Phone-Soliciatation-Medina-Ohio-1017535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Propane

No more problems since filing complaint with RR

AUTHOR: - ()

Everything I said was true.  I am not out to get Thrifty and I am not a conspirator.  In fact I very much like the company and always have-except perhaps at one time they seemed to have a very stubborn and negligent marketing department.  Thrifty provides some of the best gas (no pun intended) at the lowest prices around.  I just hate it when I tell someone repeated times to respect my phone privacy and they ignore me.  What I would like to say is that Ripoff Report appears to be the last resort to the common person to get results!  If anyone is being oppressed it's Ripoff Report!  As far as anonynimity is concerned I will be happy to relinquish mine the day that a law is passed that my adverse party can not have access to any more legal counsel than I can get.  I've no more issues with Thrifty, in fact I believe them that there are probably people out there trying to stop them from providing a better product for a lower cost than the competitors.  I'm just not one of them.

#2 General Comment

Legal Notice

AUTHOR: Legal Notice - ()

Please take notice that Thrifty Propane (“Plaintiff”) has filed an action in the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas (Ohio) – Thrifty Propane v. John Doe, Case No. A1500404– due to allegedly false and disparaging statements published concerning her on Ripoff Report using various aliases or screen names.  This complaint is one for defamation per se, defamation, tortious interference with existing economic and/or business relationships, and tortious interference with prospective economic and/or business relationships against Defendant.  Plaintiff seeks the following relief: a preliminary and permanent injunction; declaratory judgment; general, exemplary, and punitive damages; and attorneys’ fees.  Defendant must answer the complaint within the time allotted by the Court.

Please contact Plaintiff’s counsel, Whitney Gibson at wcgibson@vorys.com, to obtain a copy of the complaint.

Policy Modified

AUTHOR: Thrifty Propane - ()

Thrifty had a do-not-call list as required by law, and carefully scrubbed the phone list before any campaign was initiated. Now commercial telephone solicitations are no longer permitted. The problem arose from the fact that a request to be placed on the “Do Not Call” list that is initiated by telephone was regarded as an inbound contact by the calling service, which placed the number on the call list. Since telephone solicitations are no longer permitted, this will no longer be a challenge for either Thrifty Propane or the customer. We apologize for any inconvenience these calls may have caused.