Complaint Review: Thrifty Propane

Thrifty Propane
Medina, Ohio United States of America

Thrifty Propane Phone Soliciatation Medina, Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Policy Modified

At first, Thrifty Propane seemed like a pretty good company with reasonable prices and quality product so I purchased a tank and fuel from them.  However eventually I began to get unsolicited phone calls from them.  I asked them to stop but the calls kept coming.  So far I have told them 3 times to remove my name from their lists.  They just say they do and they don't.  I use prepaid cell phone with a number used only for emergencies.  Calls from them disrupt me in classroom during tests and such.  I do not need them calling me to tell me to buy gas.  I know how to buy gas.  I told them I would stop doing business with them should they call me one more time-three times ago.  I will not tolerate this any more.  Me doing business with them again is out of the question now; at this point it is just how many places I complain and raise a stink.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2013 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Propane/Medina-Ohio-/Thrifty-Propane-Phone-Soliciatation-Medina-Ohio-1017535. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Propane

Policy Modified

AUTHOR: Thrifty Propane - ()

Thrifty had a do-not-call list as required by law, and carefully scrubbed the phone list before any campaign was initiated. Now commercial telephone solicitations are no longer permitted. The problem arose from the fact that a request to be placed on the “Do Not Call” list that is initiated by telephone was regarded as an inbound contact by the calling service, which placed the number on the call list. Since telephone solicitations are no longer permitted, this will no longer be a challenge for either Thrifty Propane or the customer. We apologize for any inconvenience these calls may have caused.