Complaint Review: Thrifty Rent-A-CAr, System, Inc

• Updated: Wed, October 05, 2011

• Reported By: Babsbyrd — Dallas Texas United States of America
Thrifty Rent-A-CAr, System, Inc
DENVER, Colorado United States of America

Thrifty Rent-A-CAr, System, Inc Thrifty.com, Thrifty Car Rental, Thrifty rent a car Denver airport location RIPOFF!! Bait and Switch BIG TIME!! DENVER, Colorado

Like many other complaints I have found here (wish I'd read RipOff first!) we made an online reservation through American Airlines Advantage and chose Thrifty because of the great pricing in Denver,  Well, first, they gave away our confirmation (fortunately, I had my printed receipt) and then they said they would match it, but shorted the return time by 1.5 hours so of course, when we returned it like our ORIGINAL reservation said too, they charged us almost 30% more than our reservation!

I called customer care (yea, right!) and they basically said TOUGH!  You signed the agreement.  Since they are the one's renting cars out everyday, shouldn't they be responsible for designating the same terms? She didn't care.

I have now filed a complaint online with Thrifty and also with American and asked American to stop referring their ADVANTAGE customers to Thrifty!  I mean seriously, for the price I paid, I could have used Hertz, Avis...anybody!!  I didn't save a dime!!

I guess the biggest problem I have is that they really DON'T care so it's quite obvious they really don't have customer service.  I have calmed down now so I know this report seems lame but their whole atitude and everything......sux!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/05/2011 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Thrifty-Rent-A-CAr-System-Inc/DENVER-Colorado-/Thrifty-Rent-A-CAr-System-Inc-Thriftycom-Thrifty-Car-Rental-Thrifty-rent-a-car-Denver-785055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Thrifty Rent-A-CAr, System, Inc