Complaint Review: thrifty rentacar

• Reported By: Storyville — corpus christi United States of America
thrifty rentacar
san diego sa diego, California United States of America

thrifty rentacar Thrifty Car Rentals RIP OFF sa diego, California

I used Expedia to set up my Thrifty Car rental for a vacation in San Diego.  I spent three hours before the trip on line and on the phone trying to figure out the cost of car rental insurance. No matter how hard I tried I could not get an answer. I show up to the car rental counter and the first thing I hear is a fellow renter screaming at the counter people because he was being charged $600.00  for a car rental that he thought was going to be $150.00. Thrifty charged him $450.00 for rental insurance. Thrifty did the exact same thing to me..........this is Fraud and Theft by Deception.

It is so sad that Thrifty and Expedia are so unskilled in business that they have to resort to deception to make a profit. Then we wonder why our economy has crashed. If someone wants to file a class action law suit, count me in; it's time to teach these unethical knuckle heads a lesson.

Companies have to make a profit, capitalism is good; but these guys are thieves.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2011 11:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/thrifty-rentacar/sa-diego-California-/thrifty-rentacar-Thrifty-Car-Rentals-RIP-OFF-sa-diego-California-804828. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on thrifty rentacar