Complaint Review: Ticket Galaxy

• Updated: Sat, March 22, 2014

• Reported By: Mrs. S. — Las Vegas Nevada
Ticket Galaxy
75 Gerber Rd. East South Windsor, Connecticut USA

Ticket Galaxy My husband went online to purchase tickets for tonight's Alvin Ailey performance. We were redirected (high jacked) to Ticket Galaxy and charged $247.50 for two $59.00 seats. We called them to find out why we were charged so much. They told him that he wa BEWARE South Windsor Connecticut

My husband went online to purchase tickets for tonight's Alvin Ailey performance. We were redirected (high jacked) to Ticket Galaxy and charged $247.50 for two $59.00 seats. We called them to find out why we were charged so much. They told him that he was redirected to a third party vendor because of our 'last minute' purchase of tickets for tonight's performance. What?! When did a week out become 'last minute'? So, that's $118.00 for tickets, $114.00 'last minute'/third party fee and $15.50 Fed Ex shipping. REALLY?! He was not advised at time of purchase that we would be just $4.00 shy of being DOUBLE CHARGED. The Smith Center/third party vendor does not offer a will call pickup option. We are very disappointed.

The third party is a shady company called Ticket Galaxy. They will rape your wallet & then be smug about it. I was told by 'supervisor' Felix that I could not speak to his manager as there is no one senior to him. He also said that what they do to people is perfectly legal. DO NOT use them for ticket purchases. The tickets we rec'd don't even have my husband's name on them!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2014 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ticket-Galaxy/South-Windsor-Connecticut-06074/Ticket-Galaxy-My-husband-went-online-to-purchase-tickets-for-tonights-Alvin-Ailey-perfor-1132766. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ticket Galaxy