Complaint Review: Tidlen

• Reported By: Becky — Texas
Tidlen
6743 Rufe Snow Dr Watauga, Texas USA

Tidlen Deceptive Trade Practice Watauga Texas

I took my 08 Nitro to this location aprox 2 months ago for a transmission flush. I picked my car up and shortly after (2 weeks) my transmission began to slip when trying to shift gears. I called Tilden's to look at it and fix the problem. I received a call from Todd (heavy mechanic) and he told me he drove my car and knows my transmission is gone and needs to be replaced. He quoted me 2300.00, 800.00 for labor and 1500.00 for a new transmission.

I decided to look around and check pricing on a new transmission with labor. After speaking with about 10 different mechanic's, I was quoted less than 500.00 for labor. When I called Todd back he said 800.00 came from his main office that the labor is what it is.

I decided after speaking with several other mechanic's who said I do not have a lot of miles on it for it to be a bad transmission, that I would get a 2nd opinion. My first opinion told me my transmission is good and is fixable but the flush had been done improperly. The fluid was mixed and it looked like they didn't drain the old fluid all the way.

Tilden's offered to pick my car up and look at it but giving the fact I sent my car to them first to fix it and they told me my transmission needed to be replaced I felt I had given them the opportunity to fix it and they failed to do so. I went and got a 3rd opinion.

My 3rd opinion from the dealership informed me the fluid was too low, had mixture of old and new fluid, the filter was never cleaned or changed, and that it appears they never took the pan off to look at it.

When using this company I would recommend always getting a 2nd or 3rd opinion. If Tilden does not fix the problem they will not pay to fix it. Why would I want you to fix it when they messed it up to begin with and when I took it back to them to fix it they told me I needed to replace the transmission. Had they looked at all avenues when I brought it to them to fix it then they would have seen the mistake. It just lets me know the mechanic just drove the car and said "Oh she needs a new transmission".

My car was fixed when the dealership and it works better than ever. (((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2013 11:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tidlen/Watauga-Texas-76182/Tidlen-Deceptive-Trade-Practice-Watauga-Texas-1098748. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tidlen