- Report: #603280
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Tiger Rock Taekwondo
Tiger Rock Taekwondo14024 West 119th Street Olathe, Kansas United States of America
Tiger Rock Taekwondo Greedy, raises prices mid contract. Unfair rank advancement practices. Olathe, Kansas
*REBUTTAL Owner of company: olathe tiger rock
*General Comment: Mis-Characterization of Tiger Rock
*Consumer Comment: Ranking
*General Comment: Tiger Rock Martial Arts
*Consumer Comment: Tiger Rock Martial Arts classes
*Consumer Comment: Tiger Rock is Worth it Tuition and Fees
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My son spent close to a year at Tiger Rock. During that time it became very apparent that the instructor was unable to handle parents who demand rank advancement when it is not warranted. It was very difficult watching the children of the parents who literally yelled at the instructor about advancement get promoted ahead of those who played by the rules.
There is also the problem with fees. Because the contract spelled out the fees Tiger Rock could not increase their fees, so they instead invented additional belt ranks which both slowed down the students progress, but also doubled the amount of testing fees charged.
When we signed up there was rank testing every 60 days which carried a fee of $60. They have now changed the system so that a student will take 4-6 months to make the same rank advancement paying the monthly fees all along. Under the old scenario it would take two months of dues and a $60 fee to advance one level in rank. Now under the new plan it would take 4-6 months of dues and $120 in testing fees.
A clever way to raise prices on everyone regardless of the contract. Instead of charging more, they are slowing everyone down to make it more costly to move through the system.
A couple of other things to be aware of.
1. Accessories are mandatory and ridiculously overpriced. What they don't tell you when you sign up is that they will constantly have mandatory purchases. For example: A very cheaply made student manual. Black & white, spiral bound, $40. Uniform patches, $10-$20 per. Sparring Gear, $230.
2. The academy routinely closes for close to a week at a time for various testings, and road trips for competitions. Yet they charge you the full month. This seems especially strange in the event of testing, where they close the academy for 3-4 days to allow for testing and processing the results, while charging extra. So testing weeks you pay more than usual and have less access.
Bottom line is that you need to be prepared to spend constantly on extras, and have to keep on them about rank advancement, or else you will fall behind the students who have parents that "advocate" for them.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2010 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tiger-Rock-Taekwondo/Olathe-Kansas-/Tiger-Rock-Taekwondo-Greedy-raises-prices-mid-contract-Unfair-rank-advancement-practice-603280. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.