Complaint Review: tigerdirect.com

• Updated: Wed, July 13, 2011

• Reported By: Dale — Hamilton Montana United States of America
tigerdirect.com
, Florida United States of America

tigerdirect.com Tigerdirect owes me a free wireless "dongle" for my LG 46LD550 HDTV. Miami, Florida

*UPDATE Employee: More information required

On June 9th, 2011, I ordered a LG 46LD550 46" LCD HDTV - 1080p, 1920x1080, 16:9, 120Hz, 150,000:1 Dynamic, USB, 4 HDMI, Netcast and LG AN-WF100 Accessories Wi-Fi USB
Adapter Dongle ( Item number: L49-4602 RB E) from tigerdirect webpage for $599.99, p & h $49.00.
   A few days later, received email telling me there would be a back order delay. OK, easy to believe. It was a good price, so I'm sure demand was high. Prepared to wait a couple weeks.
   Truck arrived with television the 22nd. Unpacked in living room and prepared to set it up. Thoroughly searched for included LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi USB Adapter Dongle. Nowhere to be found.
   Sent email with my problem and was told I had ordered Item Number L49-4602 RB, without the letter E. Resent them an email with page address that I ordered it from, and asked why did they change Item Number from that page, and not include my adapter.
   Apparently they have many of these models to get rid of, so it was easy to drop the "E" from the item number on my order, and send me the "adapter-less" model.
   Would send it back to them, but their convoluted return policy pretty much ensures me losing even more. Baiting with one item number, then altering said number (switch) is a very poor way to do business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/29/2011 11:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tigerdirectcom/-Florida-33144/tigerdirectcom-Tigerdirect-owes-me-a-free-wireless-dongle-for-my-LG-46LD550-HDTV-Miam-747312. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tigerdirect.com

More information required

AUTHOR: Ernie E. - (U.S.A.)

Dear Customer,

I apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. I would like to resolve this issue to your satisfaction however I do not have sufficient information in your posting to bring up your account details.

Please contact me at ernie@help.tigerdirect.com so I may better assist you regarding this matter.

Best Regards.