Complaint Review: TigerDirect.com

• Reported By: Skip — Farmington Connecticut
TigerDirect.com
Miami, Florida USA

TigerDirect.com Tiger Direct- Worst Customer Service ever Miami Florida

*Author of original report: More of the same!

*UPDATE Employee: Allow me to assist.

I received an offer by email- "TigerDirect daily Deal" It was accompanied by an offer of $1.99 shipping cost

The item was a thumbdrive USB wireless adapter, (an ounce or two so the shipping offer seemed ok)

I filled out the online order form and was not able to find anyplace where I could specify the $1.99 shipping cost. Plenty of options all for shipping all at much higher cost ranging from $4.+ to about 7 or 8 dollars.

Not a big deal- but I went onto their "chat" option. After an long series of waits I was eventually told that while I was correct and should be able to get the reduced shipping price in accordance with the offer I could not be helped by that individual and was directed to call their customer service number foe assistance.

I figured what the heck- I'd pursue it a little further. I called the number and was placed on hold. After another 10 minutes or so I spoke to a rep and explained the situation all over again. He went online and confirmed the problem existed and everything I said was in fact correct. He agreed I should have been able to get the correct shipping cost. He placed me on hold and went to talk with his manager. (Please recall this was over a $2 dispute.)

He eventually returned and told me there was no way to assist me. He suggested I go ahead and place the order using the higher amount for shipping- then when I was charged I should call back in and talk to the customer service dept (him!) and see if I could get the charges adjusted!

I had already spent 30 minutes or more trying to correct this problem. At no point did they indicate they would correct the website so it wouldn't affect their other customers. At no point did they offer to provide a "code" or whatever to allow me credit for the overcharge on shipping. It was painfully obvious that no one had the authority to fix a $2.00 problem.

I was not willing to spend anymore time with this inept crowd. Upshot- lousy customer service with absolutely no authority given their people to fix even a simple, agreed upon, and inexpensive problem. Pathetic. I suggest using any of the other online electronic websites.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2013 03:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TigerDirectcom/Miami-Florida-33144/TigerDirectcom-Tiger-Direct-Worst-Customer-Service-ever-Miami-Florida-1076313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TigerDirect.com

More of the same!

AUTHOR: Skip - ()

Your rebuttal was obviously a "canned" response asking me to repeat in an email everything I carefully spelled out in my original complaint. For God's sake isn't there anyboidy there who can actually take any action?

If you read the complaint you already know everything there is to know. Don't bother responding to this unless you can actually do anything- I'm sick of trying to recover the lousy $2.00.

Allow me to assist.

AUTHOR: Tiger Direct - ()

I’m terribly sorry that you had to go through this negative experience. We truly appreciate your feedback. It is because of customers like you that we are able to identify our flaws and fix them. Please email me directly at roger.insua@syx.com, at your earliest convenience. I would like to have the opportunity to make this right for you and to be able to review the calls so that we can handle these types of situations more appropriately in the future.  Thank you.

Respectfully,