Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable SoCal

• Reported By: pissedoffatTWC — Buena Park California USA
Time Warner Cable SoCal
Internet, California United States of America

Time Warner Cable SoCal Switch to TWC Gift Card Scam Internet, California

Never got the promised American Express gift card for switching phone and internet service to Time Warner Cable. I transferred my landphone and my internet service over 4 months ago and everytime I checked the rebate status, it is never found. Also called several times but it seems that TWC is using a rebate center so I was told that they have not received anything from TWC yet. So I called Time Warner Cable support and asked but was told that I need to have my account in good standing for 90 days. I explained it is over 90 days and over 120 days already and it is still not showing up on rebate status. It does not even show up that my submission was received or anything. Just not found. The rep told me she will make a note and somebody would call me after 3 days.

I gave it 4 days and received no calls so I called back. The person I talked to told me it can take from 30 to 90 days after the initial 90 days of my account in good standing. So this means that you practically have to wait 6 months, meaning they were able to get your business for that long even if you decide to cancel the service afterwards. I'm not willing to wait 6 months fearful that TWC will then say they did not get my submission or it did not qualify. I already made appointments to switch back to AT&T and just waiting for my old number to be carried back to AT&T. As soon as that is done, bye bye TWC. Already fooled me once so I'm not gonna let you fool me again for another 2 or more months of monthly bills. I hope this company goes belly-up like other companies that used to have the same tactic.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2011 03:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable-SoCal/Internet-California-/Time-Warner-Cable-SoCal-Switch-to-TWC-Gift-Card-Scam-Internet-California-808313. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable SoCal