Complaint Review: Time Warner Cable

• Phone: 5857565000
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Time Warner Cable Cable TV Provider Rochester New York

In early January I thought I would give TWC a try for my internet service and home phone.  I was sold a bundle package with intelligent home security.  I was told there would be no installation charges and the bundle price was $89 per month.  I had my services installed on 1/9.  On 1/16, I received a bill that was due on 1/15 for $221.  It included all kinds of one time installation charges.  At that point, I decided to cancel my services, finding my option of TWC as untrustworthy to be fact.  I scheduled the uninstall for the intelligent home for 1/20 and returned all other TWC equipment on 1/21.  After several calls to customer service I was told that I would not owe anything because I was within the 30 money back guarantee window.  On 1/24, I received a bill for $243.  I got on the phone again and after several calls, was told the same thing that I did not owe anything.  Today I receive a bill from
Enhanced Recovery Company, LLC, a collection agency, for $243.  At this point I am very upset that this ordeal is not over.  So I went in the TWC store in Rochester, and spoke with Stacey.  I was there nearly an hour and she said that she got everything straightened out and that my bill was zero.  I hope that this is the case I don't not want to get another bill from TWC and I do not want this collection agency to hurt my credit rating that I work so hard to maintain.  I have really learned my lesson not to trust TWC every again I will never try your services again.  This whole situation could have been avoid and dealt with in a much more customer friendly manner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 12:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time-Warner-Cable/Rochester-New-York-14608/Time-Warner-Cable-Cable-TV-Provider-Rochester-New-York-1125442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time Warner Cable