Complaint Review: Time2RentArizona

• Submitted: Sun, April 04, 2010
  • Updated: Sun, April 04, 2010

• Reported By: Amy — Phoenix Arizona U.S.A.
Time2RentArizona
7310n 18th st #140, Phoenix AZ 85020 Phoenix, Arizona United States of America

Time2RentArizona Bad business practices. Not professional. Phoenix, Arizona

This company is completely UNPROFESSIONAL.  I agreed to rent a property from them.

The property was a little run down, it needed to have wooden the fence around the yard fixed as it was falling down.  I was assured that it would be fixed before I moved in.  I gave them a month before I actually moved in.  I kept calling about the fence and leaving messages.  No one ever returns your calls at this company, so finally I was fed up.  I called again and complained loudly that they did not lift one finger to have things fixed before I moved in.  I was transferred to "DAN" who screamed at me on the phone that the owner is in bankruptcy and he WILL NOT fix the fence.  He told me not to move in and tried to persuade me to move into another property.  The first property is a house, he wanted me   to go into a condo.  I wanted a house.  I had been searching for a small house for a long time, so I really wanted this property.

I did move in and the fence was fixed but that was only because there was a complaint from the City for them to fix it.

I paid my rent for April on the 20th of March 2010 to Time2RentArizona.com online.  I received confirmation that my payment went through.

On the 27th of March 2010, I received a note from the owner telling me that starting in April, the rent is to be paid directly to him.  I called him and told him that I had paid my rent on the 20th and he had no idea.  This rental company kept the money and did not tell him I had paid.  Now, he wants me to get the money back from them because he is no longer working with them.

I emailed Steven Manley (he is the person who showed me theproperty and with whom I signed the contract), telling him of the situation and that the owner wants the money.

As usual, I never got an email back.  I called the next day the office was open and left a message for Steven to return my call.  Of course this call was also ignored.

I am going into their office tomorrow if they are open, you never even know when they are open as I've gone by their offices and they were closed with a sign showing their working hours and I was within their working hours.  If I cannot get this money back from them, the owner is threatening to sue me for nonpayment of rent.

To be continued...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2010 03:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Time2RentArizona/Phoenix-Arizona-85020/Time2RentArizona-Bad-business-practices-Not-professional-Phoenix-Arizona-589503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Time2RentArizona