Complaint Review: Timeshare Resale Source

9625 Mission Gorge Rd. Suite B2-393 Santee, California USA
  • Phone: 866 678 0760
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Don't get cheated by Timeshare Resale Source or Laurie Hart Sales Reps Pitch may sound reasonable, but crooks are good liars Santee California

*Consumer Comment: Timeshare Resale Companies

I was contacted by a sales rep for Timeshare Resale Source over 18 months ago.  I let him talk me into giving him  $999 to advertise my timeshare for sale at his suggested price of $27,000.  The contract included a guaranteed broker purchase option to take effect if my timeshare did not sell in 10 months.

After 10 months, around April 2013, my timeshare had not sold, so I contacted the company about the broker purchase option.  I received a letter asking me to  complete and return an information form and allowing the company up to 12 weeks to send me the option letter.

In August, 2013, I had not received the letter, so I called the company.  The company said that they needed 6 more weeks to complete their offer for my timeshare. Which would make it by the end of September.  Again, i did not received the option letter.

In October, 2013, I contacted the company again, and I was told that my offer letter would be mailed within a week and that I should receive it by October 14.  I did not.  I waited another week and called back somtime during the last week of october.   At that time I was told again that I would receive my offer letter within 5 - 7 business days.

I received my offer letter today -  November 4 - within 3  business days! It says "Today's market price is $154.50 (sum of all timeshare comparables, divided).  Apparently, the snitty little receptionist got offended by my request to receive what she herself promised me in previous phone conversations.  She got right busy and was able to obtain 3 comparables  dated in September and October - the lowest of which was for $5 and get that right out to me within 3 business days of my phone call.

The offer is not negotiable which they stated right up front - so I have no recourse - except to let anyone who reads this know how they do business.    This is how crooks and unscrupulous people get by when the economy is down.  I can't take advantage of people in the underhanded way Timeshare Resale Source did me - but I imagine they are laughing all the way to the bank with my hard earned money.  Don't let them do it to you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2013 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Timeshare-Resale-Source/Santee-California-92071/Dont-get-cheated-by-Timeshare-Resale-Source-or-Laurie-Hart-Sales-Reps-Pitch-may-sound-re-1096936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Timeshare Resale Source

Timeshare Resale Companies

AUTHOR: BetzabethT - ()

The timeshare resale companies are just a symptom. They need to do something about the timeshare scam itself. An obligation 'in perpetuity' - that passes to your children? There is almost no legal way out of the obligation, even if you don't use the facilities and want to sell it back (they won't take them back). In other words, they hawk 'property' that you cannot resell, cannot give back, and has literally no value in the market - and tell you that you have to pay 'maintenance' forever... and that they can assess 'special fees' on in order to do repairs they *should* have been doing with the maintenance fees.