Complaint Review: tire kingdom

• Submitted: Wed, April 03, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, April 07, 2013

• Reported By: albert — Miami Beach Florida
tire kingdom
19571 Florida 7 Boca Raton (561) 477-8210 BOCA RATON, Florida United States of America

tire kingdom 19571 Florida 7 Where do I start? I called to get a quote on tires. They told me the prize that they could do was $ 209 per tire. A quick check on line revealed the same tires for $ 109, so I bought them. I called th BOCA RATON, Florida

*Consumer Comment: i follow u

*Consumer Comment: I'm not sure who or what was ripped off.

*Consumer Comment: Not a rip-off

Where do I start? I called to get a quote on tires. They told me the prize that they could do was $ 209 per tire. A quick check on line revealed the same tires for $ 109, so I bought them. I called them and they told me that they could installed them for 10.99 for mounting and 10.99 for balancing each. (notice the 99's) I tried to set an appointment at the store, but "No" they said because they could not honor the appointment over the phone. So instead, they made me go on line, sign up, and have someone called me later. Someone did call trying to sell me something for my other car and even assumed I was calling for an oil change. Finally, I told him that I was just trying to make an appointment and I was in the middle of my work day. I get to the store, they told me that they could not honor the appointment. "First come, first serve," explained the same rep that told me to go online to set an appointment. So the "on line thing" was just a way to sell stuff. Then, the guy quotes and additional 10.99 per tire because they run flat. At that point, with no honored appointment, no idea of what they final bill would be as they seem to quote arbitrary charges and having violated every step of an honorable and transparent transaction; I walked away and took the business somewhere else.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/03/2013 07:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tire-kingdom/BOCA-RATON-Florida-33434/tire-kingdom-19571-Florida-7-Where-do-I-start-I-called-to-get-a-quote-on-tires-They-told-1040265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tire kingdom

i follow u

AUTHOR: Bill d - ()

i c what u sayin--it seems as though u got qouted 209 for a tire and found same tires for 109-hence they WOULD HAVE ripped u off by 100$-------i also hope these are the same exact tires-bein same brand and size-----what i do not appreciate is the fact that u seem 2 be angry about them wantin 2 charge more cause they run flats--these tires are much more difficult 2 install-------in any case-u AVOIDED bein ripped off--what i dont understand?-if they TRIED 2 rip u off--why would u contemplate goin there even for an installation of tires?

I'm not sure who or what was ripped off.

AUTHOR: Inspector - ()

This is extremely hard to follow.  You got a different quote on line from the same store that you called and received a quote right?  That's normal, the competition on line is rough so often it is cheaper.  You were quoted 21.98 per tire for mounting and balancing, not unreasonable.  They misquoted and gave you the wrong price because of run flat tires.  Not sure about that one because I never had run flat tires but, if the quote was in error, that happens sometimes.  If it happened a lot to you or other friends then you may have a rip off otherwise, no rip off here.

Not a rip-off

AUTHOR: coast - ()

You posted a Ripoff Report but you were not ripped off. It isn't a rip-off just because merchandise is available for a lower price from a different seller.