Complaint Review: Tire Kingdom

Tire Kingdom
238 Blanding Blvd Orange Park, Florida United States of America

Tire Kingdom Store #146 PRICE GOUGING AND POOR SERVICE!!! Orange Park, Florida

*General Comment: me43 here

Went to this location to have my brakes and rotors inspected and if needed, replaced. Was given an estimate that it would likely be no more than 200 dollars (plus they were doing a 50% off service on all brakes!). I left and in about 30 minutes received a phone call from the manager that it would be over $800 dollars total!!! I was angry, confused, and shocked!

I left and went back to the store. They said my rear brakes and all 4 of my rotors must be replaced. Their price for brakes was about 80 percent higher than any auto zone, pep boys, o'reilly's around. Then their rotors were at least 300 percent gouged in price! they were charging me $247.10 for just TWO rear rotors.

I told them I was not expecting to pay NEARLY that much. They said it was not safe to drive out of the shop, so I finally made it affordable by telling them to leave the front two brakes/rotors alone.

Here is the final cost of the items (I drive a 2007 Dodge Charger 2.7L):

Brakes: 129.99

Rotors: 247.10

Labor: 119.99 (1 hour)

Still reeling from the cost, I finally was able to get out of there and wouldn't you know it, my brakes SQUEAKED!

I cannot say it enough, STAY AWAY! This place looks to exploit a person's lack of automotive knowledge and make extreme profits. They force services upon you and their deals are just ways to get you in there and take over your wallet!

I called the store numerous times to ask prices and each time they gave me a different price for brakes (79.99, 89.99, 132.99, etc) and rotors. They didn't even put a part number down for the rotors so now I cant use my invoice to check on the price of the part.

I am furious at the cost and the quality of service and I will be making sure I tell everyone to steer clear of TIRE KINGDOM!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2011 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tire-Kingdom/Orange-Park-Florida-32073/Tire-Kingdom-Store-146-PRICE-GOUGING-AND-POOR-SERVICE-Orange-Park-Florida-768249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tire Kingdom

#1 General Comment

me43 here

AUTHOR: Bill d - (U.S.A.)

your brakes squeaked cause they used cheapy parts----you can call auto zone and whoever--but a business needs to mark up items to make a profit---but if they charged you 300% markup i will agree that is outragoues----fact is--you can go wherever and you would be in the same rough area of price(depending on what you got -meaning did they do a brake flush)--plus you should figure roughly 200 out of the 800 is labor cost---sounds like the parts cost you around 600---if your going to get pissed about markup and all that-may i suggest you learn to do it yourself and buy your own parts if you want to save money!!!!!!!