• Report: #1161955

• Reported By: anonymous — Upstate New York
tires-easy.com
4650 E. Second St., Suite A Benicia, California USA

tires-easy.com False advertising, bait and switch Benicia California

I ordered a tire from tires-easy.com.  The tire that they sent to me was not the one that I ordered.  Instead, they sent a less expensive, lower quality tire.  They did this not once, but twice, thereby eliminating the possibility that someone accidentally pulled the wrong item the first time.  This was done intentionally.  Upon returning the first tire, I was told that that order would be cancelled, I would receive a full refund, and that a replacement tire, the type that I had originally ordered, would be sent to me at no charge.  The replacement tire that they sent to me was the same type that I had returned, and they charged me for it.  The charge for the second tire was charged to the first order that was supposed to have been cancelled.   Additionally, when I first reported the problem, they did not get back in touch with me with a resolution, despite my calling them numerous times.   After two days, I finally spoke with someone who offered the free replacement tire.  Complaints have been filed with the attorneys general of New Jersey, where the tires were sent from, and California, their sales office. With respect to the complaint filed in California, they filed a response saying that the allegations stated in my complaint were true.  You decide if you want to do business with a company that advertises a product for sale that is not in stock, and then, without informing you, sends you a less expensive, lower quality product in its place.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2014 03:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tires-easycom/Benicia-California-94510/tires-easycom-False-advertising-bait-and-switch-Benicia-California-1161955. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tires-easy.com