Complaint Review: Tires Etc.

• Submitted: Sun, October 13, 2013
  • Updated: Sun, October 13, 2013

• Reported By: MrPaine — Glenolden Pennsylvania
Tires Etc.
515 Baltimore Pike Clifton Heights, Pennsylvania USA

Tires Etc. Auto repair scam Clifton Heights Pennsylvania

My wife went to Tires Etc. to have her yearly inspection done. After the inspection, a guy named Dave McGee spoke to my wife and told her that she needed close to $900 in repairs in order to pass inspection. He told her that she needed both new brakes and struts. He even took her back into the garage and showed her where the problems were on her car. So my wife called me and told me what Dave had told her. I immediately got on the internet and Googled the establishment and found some mixed reviews about the place; including reviews where people said they tried to pull inspection scams on them. So I told my wife that we would take it elsewhere and see what they say. Two days later we took the car to another auto shop and the car passed inspection with no problem. My wife told the guy at the second shop about how the guys at Tires Etc. told her she needed $900 worth of work done and he looked at her incredulously and shook his head. He told her that himself and two other guys looked at her car for the inspection and they saw no such problems. So it turns out that the guys at Tires Etc. were trying to pull a scam on my wife. They probably thought that because she was a woman that they could easily get over on her. They also thought that "showing" her where the problems were would give more credence to their claims; probably knowing fully well that as a woman she probably had no idea what she was looking at anyway. These guys are the lowest of the low. Especially in hard financial times like these it's unfortunate that these jerks are trying to pull fast ones on hard working people. I hope they go out of business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2013 09:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Etc/Clifton-Heights-Pennsylvania-19064/Tires-Etc-Auto-repair-scam-Clifton-Heights-Pennsylvania-1091626. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Etc.