Complaint Review: Tires Plus Atlanta-Buckhead

Tires Plus Atlanta-Buckhead
3041 Piedmont Ave NE Atlanta, Georgia USA

Tires Plus Atlanta-Buckhead Car Broke Down after Belt Change Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Tires Plus contacted me and Resolved the issue

I brought my car to Tires Plus on a Thursday to have my belts changed. In the past I've been pleased with the service they have provided me.

After the belts were changed I observed my electric windows were operating sluggishly to the point where it was noticable.

Friday I drove the car approximately 80 miles and the windows were still sluggish. Firday evening while driving to the grocery store the car died on the road. Several dashboard lights came on and blinked and the motor puttered out. I had to push the car into a parking lot and call a tow truck. I had the tow truck take the vehicle to Tires-Plus since they had worked on it just the previous day.

Tires Plus did not have a lockbox and I was forced to leave the car there without a key. Saturday I had to walk 3 miles to Tires Plus to give them the key so they could start work on the car. The car was covered in bird excriment from being parked under a sign in the parking lot.

After 2 hours Tires Plus said the Battery was great but my Alternator was not charging and it would have to be replaced. Since this is my only vehicle I told them to do what was needed to get the car running.

My contention is there was no problem with my Alternator until I brought it to Tires Plus to have the belts changed, of which one involves the Alternator. It is my further contention that something was shorted when my belts were changed which caused my Alternator to stop changing and my windows to operate sluggishly.

I incurred a 65 dollar charge for the tow and a 350 dollar bill for replacing the alternator. I told them specifically I never had this problem until my belts were changed the previous day and that was just shrugged off.

This experience has left me very untrusting of Tires Plus and very concerned about the level of workmanship they allow. At the very least the lack of concern on the managers part about the need for repairs the day after work was performed by them is abusive to the customer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2013 07:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus-Atlanta-Buckhead/Atlanta-Georgia-30305/Tires-Plus-Atlanta-Buckhead-Car-Broke-Down-after-Belt-Change-Atlanta-Georgia-1078862. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus Atlanta-Buckhead

Tires Plus contacted me and Resolved the issue

AUTHOR: John T - ()

Tires Plus contacted me and worked out a credit to resolve my concerns. I am very impressed with the way this was handled. As previously stated, all previous work was excellent. This issue can about due to the timing of having the belts changed and the alternator fail.

I am pleased to say Tires Plus impressed me with their willingness to make this right. I will continue to use Tires Plus.