Complaint Review: Tires Plus

• Updated: Fri, April 06, 2012

• Reported By: Peter — Naples, Florida United States of America
Tires Plus
4900 Tamiami Tr N Naples, Florida United States of America

Tires Plus Sold me four tires, installed, but failed to mention that they couldn't align tires until all were installed. They showed me report where alignment failed and sent me away. The alignment cost me an ad Naples, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Why?

I have a 2005 Mercedes Benz 500 SL and was quoted a price for four new tires for $1,707, fully installed. I brought the car to the shop on March 28,2012, and waited while the tires were installed. Upon completion, I was given a report on alignment and told that they couldn't align either Mercedes or BMW's. I asked why  they hadn't told me that prior to accepting the work and the manager wouldn't or couldn't explain.

On April 6, 2012, I took the car to another mechanic for alignment. He charged $205. That day, I took the alignment bill to the Tires Plus manager and asked him to refund the $205. He refused and told me to leave the store.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tires-Plus/Naples-Florida-34103/Tires-Plus-Sold-me-four-tires-installed-but-failed-to-mention-that-they-couldnt-align-864865. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tires Plus

Why?

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

Why would they pay for your wheel alignment? Check your tire receipt.  If they did NOT charge you for a wheel alignment, then they don't owe you a refund.

I've been driving and buying tires since 1971 and every place where I've purchased tires would mount, balance, and install them on my vehicle as part of the purchase price.  No tire shop ever charged me for a wheel alignment unless I requested a wheel alignment-wheel alignment was NOT included in the purchase price of the tires.

Are you saying they charged you for a wheel alignment that they didn't perform?