Virgin

• Updated: Fri, June 21, 2013

• Reported By: Lisa — Las Vegas Nevada
Titan Alarm Inc
2401 W Behrend Drive Suite 25 Phoenix, Arizona USA

Titan Alarm Inc Titan Alarm Lies to Get Business Then Doesn't Honor Those Lies Phoenix Arizona

*General Comment: Can you read??

Stay away from Titan Alarm.  They do business in Las Vegas, NV & are located in Arizona.  Their technician was only interested in getting the sale, lied or was not knowlegeable of their policies & did not do the the install properly.  When I saw it say 2 yr agreement on the contract, I told the tech I was not going to sign.  I explained that my boyfriend had just gotten a job after being laid off for months.  I was concerned that if he got laid off again, I can't afford this service.  He said he understood and that I can cancel at any time without penalties.  I confirmed this again with him and that I will not owe a bunch of money if I cancel.  He said yes so I signed.  First the technician broke our old thermostat and blamed it on the fact that it's really old.  Then he couldn't get the new thermostat working & blamed that on the old system too (built in late 80's).  It was over 100 degrees out in the Las Vegas summer so Titan Alarm had to pay for an AC tech to come out.  That AC tech found something simple that he said the alarm tech did wrong & fixed it.  Now that my boyfriend is laid off again, I have been trying to cancel this service for a couple of months.  Dom Shelton at Titan Alarm (who says the only person above him is the CEO) stuck me with a $1300 bill.  I really do owe them about $200 and want to pay that.  After arguments, he says he is doing me a favor by reducing my amount owed to $600. How is this doing me a favor when the technician who installed the system said I could cancel at any time without penalties?  This is about $400 above what I owe and can pay.  I want to make payments to pay off the $200 but Titan Alarm is not willing to honor what the tech said which is good customer service.  I even tried to get him to agree to $300, which is still above what I owe and he won't budge.  This company is a rip off, only out for your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2013 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titan-Alarm-Inc/Phoenix-Arizona-85027/Titan-Alarm-Inc-Titan-Alarm-Lies-to-Get-Business-Then-Doesnt-Honor-Those-Lies-Phoenix-A-1061064. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titan Alarm Inc

#1 General Comment

Can you read??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

A 2 yr agreement is a CONTRACT. As such it is your responsability to READ and UNDERSTAND exactly what your signing. Companies no longer accept "I didnt understand" as a reason to exempt you out of the contract. You took the word of someone whos job is to install equiptment. They are not a Lawyer nor are they the sales person. Its not that they dont understand, its just not thier job to know or explain a contract to you. Thier job is installation.

Everyone has a SOB story of some form or another. Its not the companys job to care about your PERSONAL issues. Everyone has those as well. They are a business. You can not sit there and expect them to care even a little about your personal life, thier job is to provide a product or service and your job is to pay them.

It wouldnt matter what the tech told you. They are not the contract that YOU signed. You are lucky they dropped the ETF down. So pay them and get it off your record, and next time you have to sign ANYTHING read it completly and fully. This isnt a ripoff or a scam. Its yet another ADULT trying to find ANY excuse not to pay what they owe and to try and find ANYONE else to blame so they dont have to pay. GROW UP AND ACT LIKE A ADULT!!!