Complaint Review: Titan Industrial - American Fab, Inc.

• Submitted: Sat, January 10, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, January 10, 2009

• Reported By:New Salem Massachusetts
Titan Industrial - American Fab, Inc.
4 New Circle Road Travelers Rest, South Carolina U.S.A.

Titan Industrial - American Fab, Inc. Ripoffs, traveling scam artists, liars, liars, pants on fire!! Travelers Rest South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: RE: "Liars, Liars, Pants on Fire"

My husband fell victim to one of their travelling sales-ladies. She was supposedly just coming from a trade show and had a truck full of merchandise that has never been used. The generator supposedly only had fuel in it for demo purposes and he was supposedly going to get the deal of a lifetime. Yup, he certainly did...he was MAJORLY ripped off to the tune of $2,100.00 for a portable generator!

The following year I later saw this same woman in a truckstop trying to peddle her generators, aircompressors etc. off of a tag-a-long trailer to unsuspecting men in the parking lot. I boldly walked over and told them not to waste their time...it was a ripoff and scam and I could prove it to them. She made double time out of the parking lot and I haven't seen her in this area since.

Matt & Deb
New Salem, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2009 05:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titan-Industrial-American-Fab-Inc/Travelers-Rest-South-Carolina-29690/Titan-Industrial-American-Fab-Inc-Ripoffs-traveling-scam-artists-liars-liars-pants-410568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titan Industrial - American Fab, Inc.

RE: "Liars, Liars, Pants on Fire"

AUTHOR: Clint''s Landscaping - ()

I own and operate CL&LTR Co., we perform warranty work for all of American Fab's equipment lines. Awhile back I repaired a Pacific Equipment diesel generator for a local fence company, they had one of each, the gas and the diesel model. Well the diesel generator wasn't producing power anymore, so they called Pacific Equipment up (one of American Fab's product lines) and they gave them my information.

They gave me a call and brought it over to me, I diagnosed it, turned out it had a bad generator head. So I called up Pacific Equipment and told them what part I needed and they sent it out, then I installed it and gave the generator back to the customer. They were very happy to get there diesel generator back, the gas model struggled with there welder, but they loved there diesel one because it powered it with no problem. Then American Fab sent me payment for the job that I had completed.

I guess what I'm saying is that from my knowledge American Fab Inc. is a good and trustworthy company, and they stand by there products with good customer service. Now I can't speak for the salesperson that sold your generator to you, but if you feel she ripped you off then you should file a complaint with the company, provided of course you remember her name.

Also the price of a generator varies depending on the make, model, fuel type, HP and wattage.