Complaint Review: title max

• Updated: Wed, March 20, 2013

• Reported By: scott b — alton Illinois
title max
610 lewis and clark blvd alton, Illinois United States of America

title max title loans yes me and my wike got a loan from this company things were ok .what went worong is my wife had a sroke we were taking care of an older lady so then i scott bishop had to quit my job and take care of alton, Illinois

*Author of original report: Scott bishop

*General Comment: How is this a ripoff?

like i was saying i was taking care cof my family . the older lady passed 2mounth agothis loanwas 156.3341 intrest 1700;00 loan pay back 5611.91 we only hade 700.00left to pay it off today i hade to turn the car in .sop very sad.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2013 07:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/title-max/alton-Illinois-62002/title-max-title-loans-yes-me-and-my-wike-got-a-loan-from-this-company-things-were-ok-what-1036255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on title max

Scott bishop

AUTHOR: scott bishop - ()

I under stand but they could have worked with us it was almost paid off thank you.

#2 General Comment

How is this a ripoff?

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

I realize that these title loan places charge very high interest rates. But their terms are usually very clearly stated on the paperwork that you sign. So if you knew the interest rates and other terms going in, how exactly did they rip you off?

I gather from your story that due to hardships in your family you must have missed some payments on the loan, which resulted in more fees/interest accumulating and the subsequent surrendering of your car. While I can empathize with the problems you were facing, it is not a rip-off if the company simply followed the terms of the contract.