Complaint Review: TITLEMAX OF SOUTH CAROLINA

• Submitted: Sun, August 26, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 07, 2008

• Reported By:BEAUFORT South Carolina
TITLEMAX OF SOUTH CAROLINA
2447 BOUNDARY STREET UNIT A BEAUFORT, South Carolina U.S.A.

TITLEMAX OF SOUTH CAROLINA TITLEMAX STOLE MY CAR THEN RETURN IT DAMAGED. ripoff BEAUFORT South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Well what do you want?

*Author of original report: STILL NOTHING DONE

*Author of original report: UPDATE ON STOLEN CAR

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: repo

I went to titlemax because an emergency situation and needed money. if I only knew, what I know now I would have never went to titlemax for the money. I borrowed 3500 in aug of 2006 should be paid off by now. why is my balance still 3000 in aug. of 2007. The company has changed managers 4 times since i started business with them. but make a long story short, i paid my bill on aug 11, 2007 at the office. yes it was late but they knew it was going to be.

after making my payment i figure i have until next payment. well while out of town the car was at my sisters house professional auto recovery that they hired came pulled my car at 5am.then at around 7 or 8 they brought the car back and put in the front yard half way in the road. no one knocked on the door to say i made a mistake and apologize. i got the call and called to speak to the manager and he was saying he didn't know what happened and someone must have dropped the ball on the paperwork.he was supposed to find out what happened and call me back.

well i never got the call back and when i called he wouldn't be there. then i find that my car now won't crank and has other problems because this company. witnesses after the fact say that he pulled my car from the back and the car is front wheel drive car. the car had to be put in the shop which has to come out my pocket.

no one has not called from titlemax still. there has to be something i can do about this outrageous loan company and about there ways of doing business. they take advantage of the low income knowing that they will do anything to get extra cash to pay their bills. then they turn around and take the people's cars with no recourse. i am refusing to pay this loan until something can be done about my car and the stress they put me through. i am having to borrow and rent when i can to get to and from work and children's appointments. this is not fair at all.

Big L
BEAUFORT, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2007 07:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TITLEMAX-OF-SOUTH-CAROLINA/BEAUFORT-South-Carolina-29906/TITLEMAX-OF-SOUTH-CAROLINA-TITLEMAX-STOLE-MY-CAR-THEN-RETURN-IT-DAMAGED-ripoff-BEAUFORT-S-270422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TITLEMAX OF SOUTH CAROLINA

Well what do you want?

AUTHOR: Striderq - (U.S.A.)

You say you want TitleMax to fix the car. They call wanting to fix the car. Now you don't want them to fix the car. If you won't let them fix the car, how is there supposed to be any resolution on this?

STILL NOTHING DONE

AUTHOR: Big l - (U.S.A.)

IT IS NOW JANUARY 7,2008, SINCE I LAST REPORTED NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME FROM TITLE MAX.NO ONE HAS TOLD ME HOW THEY ARE GOING TO RESOLVE MY ISSUES WITH THEM DESTROYING A GOOD CAR.I STILL HAVE NO TRANSPORTATION AND AM STILL SUIING THEM.IF ANYONE HAS ANYMORE IDEAS I COULD USE TO MAKE THESE DEVILS PAY UP PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

UPDATE ON STOLEN CAR

AUTHOR: Big l - (U.S.A.)

AS OF 8/27/07 TITLEMAX HAS BEEN CALLING ME TO GET MY CAR SO THEY CAN TAKE IT TO A REPAIR SHOP TO HAVE IT FIX.AGAIN I DON'T TRUST THEM SO THAT'S OUT.I HAVE NOT RECIEVED ANY RESPONSE FROM THE TOW COMPANY AT ALL.SO I HAVE TO BELIEVE THAT THE FAULT LIES ON TITLEMAX THEMSELVES.I FILED A REPORT WITH THE LEGAL DEPT AND THIS IS WHEN I STARTED TO SEE SOME ACTION.NOW I AM GETTING CALLS ALL THE TIME FROM THEM.I HAD A PAYMENT DUE ON 8/21/07 BUT I REFUSED TO PAY BECAUSE OF THIS SITUATION.NO ONE AT TITLEMAX HAS EVEN MENTION THIS PAYMENT TO ME.I AM NOW CONVINCED THAT I HAVE A CASE.I HAVE SINCE THEN HIRED AN ATTORNEY TO SUE TITLEMAX FOR MY CAR,PAST HARASSMENT,AND THIS OUTRAGEOUS LOAN I CAN'T SEEM TO GET THE BALANCE DOWN ON.I SUGGEST TO ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS THE SAME PROBLEM TO CONTACT SOMEONE AND START YOUR PROCESS AGAINST TITLEMAX.VOICES IN NUMBER WILL BE HEARD AND TAKEN SERIOUSLY.THEY ARE TAKING ADVANTAGE OF THE LOW INCOME.

#4 UPDATE EX-employee responds

repo

AUTHOR: Briana Riche - (U.S.A.)

If your car was repo accident or not,by proffesional repo company then you will need to contact them and not Titlemax. Titlemax contract repos out to 3rd parties. If anything happens while the repo company has your car it is the responsiblity of them and not titlemax. Im not trying to take sides on this just trying to give the information you will need to hopefully get your car fixed. Good luck.