• Submitted: Thu, March 18, 2010
  • Updated: Thu, March 18, 2010

• Reported By: Alice — Lexington South Carolina United States of America
1400 Charleston Hwy West West Columbia, South Carolina United States of America

TITLEMAX OF SOUTH CAROLINA TITLEMAX OF COLUMBIA #5 1400 Charleston Hwy Lied Multiple Times Charge 3 tow Bills West Columbia, South Carolina

In August of 2009 my daughter aquired a title loan with Titlemax .Yes she got behind,I went in to make a payment for her,they refused to give me a receipt ,I refused to hand them cash until I had a receipt,finally I got the receipt.In Oct  I made another payment for her,due to being laid off she had no finances to make payment herself.Went through same ordeal with receipt.Nov.Dec.payments weren't made.I went in again IN Jan paid 2 payments at that time I was informed they would take no more payments on her loan,total amount owed was to be paid.Well they sent it to in house collections,March 11,at 11:30pm repo company picked up my daughters jeep.Repo driver informed my daughter she had 10 days from time they retrieved her jeep to get it back.Once again she had no funds to pay this company so I get up the amount the loan agent told her on the 12th of March she needed to get her jeep back.I go in on Tuesday March 16th to pay the loan off,I was then informed loan amount plus repo fee,I didn't have repo fee so I left had to borrow repo fee,I return today with repo fee and loan amount and was informed then,there was an additional towing fee from repo company to Titlemax impound yard,so all total 1016.00 now due,jumped from 639.81..then added the repo fee 250.00 then their tow bill to their lot which is an auction company in Leesville Sc.Mid State Auto Auction.that tow fee was 125.00.So I get the total sum up 1016.00,start to pay the manger Tim at this location,and I ask for the title he said of no I can't give that to you,your daughter has to be here in person or he can talk to her on the phone,well she had already informed him to give me the title seeing how she lives out of state.Then I ask where is the jeep he then tells me.I say well I will have to send my daughter money to come on the bus to get her jeep we will pick it up from the auction company he Tim said no we can't do that it has to be towed to their office so there is another tow bill.And yes we got into it.I said oh and there is another tow bill,he said of no I will pay that tow bill.I said how can i believe that,he jumped out of his chair and said I'm done with you,call me a lie someone else can deal with you.I said I'm not calling you a lie I'm just asking.He then said you don't believe me ,I said I don't know you from ADAM AND I believe my daughter,he laughed said you believe your daughter over me,I'm the one with the jeep.Oh my goodness that man is rude.So now what do I do?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 09:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TITLEMAX-OF-SOUTH-CAROLINA/West-Columbia-South-Carolina-29169/TITLEMAX-OF-SOUTH-CAROLINA-TITLEMAX-OF-COLUMBIA-5-1400-Charleston-Hwy-Lied-Multiple-Time-582791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TITLEMAX OF SOUTH CAROLINA