Complaint Review: Titlemax

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:athens Alabama
Titlemax
Jefferson Street Athens, Alabama U.S.A.

Titlemax Of Athens employee Name Is Brandytitlemax -does as she please to good customer ripoff Athens Alabama

*Consumer Suggestion: Do not do a title loan

i am a single mother of two children whose father passed in 2005.i am in court presently for disability from a car wreck a few years ago.i received an unexpected high light bill for about $275.so i went and pawned the title to my car for $300.4 days later my home burned to the ground,a total loss.with a little help from my family we got a new place and i have continued to pay my payment with the outragous interest for over a year. i was not able to pay the loan in full only maintain the payment and hold a balance.

i was 6 days late with the payment and my car was repossessed.i called brandy at titlemax to get my personal belongings out of the car.she claimed she couldn't get the trunk open so i took my car keys to her.i called a few days later she claimed again she could not open my trunk which contained several things that belonged to my childrens father who passed.she also told me she had already sold my car to a dealer for junk parts..i found out from the district manager that my car has not been sold and the trunk does open but have yet to receive my belongings out of my car.

Erica
Athens, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2007 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titlemax/Athens-Alabama-35611/Titlemax-Of-Athens-employee-Name-Is-Brandytitlemax-does-as-she-please-to-good-customer-ri-259572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titlemax

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Do not do a title loan

AUTHOR: Steph - (U.S.A.)

I had a title loan in the past . I paid it off and made a promise to myself never again these loans can rip you off. I wish I would of gotten the chance to meet you because I would of advised you not to take out 1 of those loans