Complaint Review: titlemax

• Updated: Tue, April 23, 2013

• Reported By: trucker50 — shelby North Carolina
titlemax
gaffney, South Carolina United States of America

titlemax title max went and repo my car friday they didn't call me or sent me any letter statening they was going to repo my car on monday I try to send a paymen to them thru westering union t gaffney, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Oh please

*Consumer Comment: The pain of default

Titlemax repoed my car without any notice.it was locked up in my driveway and I was not here.they told me I have topay the full amount of my loan before I can get my car back.the manager is doing this to keep my car because its a corvette. With low mileage.he knows how much this car is worth and he's trying to get it for nothing.the interest on the loan is 155% which is more than a loan shark would charge.

there will be legal charges made against themand when I called to see if they had it they wouldn't talk to me them I told them I was calling the police for car was stolen then they wouldn't tell me where the car is.they make money of the consumers at these bad times.too many loan companys are out to take whatever they want any way they can.I'm not the only one this has happened to.there's 400 more that have been screwed by this so called loan company.its basicaly blackmail.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2013 11:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/titlemax/gaffney-South-Carolina-/titlemax-title-max-went-and-repo-my-car-friday-they-didnt-call-me-or-sent-me-any-letter-1045524. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on titlemax

Oh please

AUTHOR: TaylorCloud - ()

So why did you do business with them if you knew they charged a 155% APR? I mean, you knew that from the get go. Your post says it all itself.

The pain of default

AUTHOR: coast - ()

"there will be legal charges made against them"

What will they be charged with?

"I told them I was calling the police"

What was the result of that call?

"its basicaly blackmail"

No it isn't. It's called a repossession due to loan default.