Complaint Review: Titlemax

• Updated: Wed, December 10, 2014

• Reported By: Monique — el mirage Arizona
Titlemax
3415 W. Cactus Rd Phoenix, Arizona USA

Titlemax Contract stated I could pay back loan in 24 months .. I am know being told that if don't pay on the exact due date the contact is pretty much void ..and I could be paying 560.00 a month for life just to keep my truck I have paid appx 4 thousand back on a 5000.00 dollar loan and only 200 has gone to principle Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: hmm

*Consumer Comment: Sounds like just about everybody else ,except, YOU is responsible for your "problem"

*Consumer Comment: Really?

In april 2013 I took out a tilt loan in the amount of 5000.00 dollars. My understanding was that i had a 24 month payback. I am now being told that the gentalman I took the loan out with was fired and he mislead me. In order to have a 24 month payback I cannot be late.  My payments are due on the 4th 3 days after my mortage. I asked titlemax if thye could move my due date to later in the month due to my mortage payment and they said no. So I have been late more then a few times. I have paid approx 3,800.00 back but only 200.00 has gone to principle. I need someones help i feel like I signed the contact under false pretenses and now they are free to extote as much money as they want from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/07/2013 04:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Titlemax/Phoenix-Arizona-85029/Titlemax-Contract-stated-I-could-pay-back-loan-in-24-months-I-am-know-being-told-that-1105226. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Titlemax

hmm

AUTHOR: hmmsoundslikeidiotic - ()

If you were late you would have had 30 days till your next due date.

I.E. you were due on the 4th came in on the 11th your next due date would be 30 days form the 11th.

granted 7 days of late fees but your due date would have changed unless you were 30 days late then it would stay around the same date.

You did a title pawn not a loan dont come on here spewing lies because you dont know how to make smart choices.

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

Sounds like you are paying more on late fees and penalties by NOT paying on time.  Didn't you know that the loan due date was "on the 4th, 3 days after your mortgage payment?"  You DID read the contract didn't you?  Oh, you DIDN'T.

" I need someones help i feel like I signed the contact under false pretenses and now they are free to extote as much money as they want from me. "

How did you sign the "contact" under fals pretenses?  Did they hold a gun on you, hand you a pen and have you sign?

How is this "extoteing" money from you?  Do you have a neighborhood 10 year old who can go with you when you do financial transactions?  You should consider it.

Really?

AUTHOR: ramjet - ()

You really thought it was going to be OK to be late? I doubt seriously if anyone told you there would be no penalty if you were late with your payments and you say you were late more than a few times

remember, you signed the contract.