Complaint Review: TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC Westlake,Oh - Shokri Wahib

• Updated: Mon, April 21, 2014

• Reported By: Olivia T — Parma Ohio
TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC Westlake,Oh - Shokri Wahib
29099 Health Campus Dr. Ste. 220 Westlake, Ohio USA

TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC Westlake,Oh - Shokri Wahib Dr.Shokri Wahib D.D.S. Ripped OFF and IN PAIN Westlake Ohio

I suffer from TMJD or Temporomandidular Joint Disorder,a painful condition that causes my jaw to hurt as well as gives me painful aches in my face and head.I went to see Dr.Wahib at his clinic in Westlake.He told me my pain was caused by bruxism which is clenching and griding of teeth a night.He examined me and took an x-ray and told me I needed his custom made "orthotics" which cost between $800 and $2000.They look like mouthguards that athletes wear.He said they cure TMJD and all his patients use them.I was tired of the pain and aching so I agreed and purchased one of the $800 night time mouthguards.His assistants took the impressions and made it for me.I wore it for a few weeks and ended up in more pain.When I called the office and asked if this was normal but could not get an answer.I asked if the doctor could call me back,I was told yes but never received a call.I finally made another appointment,by now my pain was even worse and my jaw hurt horribly.I was told that the pain is from grinding,but that is why I paid all the money I did for a mouthguard.The doctor and his assistants and even the secretary tried to talk me into buying another "orthotic" that costs $2000! I got out of there and decided to stop wearing the stupid mouthguard I purchased.My pain actually got better but unfortunately it was still worse than before treatment.I can not believe how bad my treatment was from this place.Looking on,I see many people have left negative reviews for this practice.I even left a review on Yelp but for some reason it was erased.This practice is just bad and shady.I would defintely not recommend it.I've been reffered to the Cleveland Clinic which I'm sure has better treatments and peopel that actually care about the patients.Thank you for reading my report.I hope whoever suffers from TMJD can find relief from the pain.It really is horrible and it's sad we have people like Shokri Wahib and his staff who make it even worse for us.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 12:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TMJ-Headache-Ctr-LLC-WestlakeOh-Shokri-Wahib/Westlake-Ohio-44145/TMJ-Headache-Ctr-LLC-WestlakeOh-Shokri-Wahib-DrShokri-Wahib-DDS-Ripped-OFF-and-I-1140481. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC Westlake,Oh - Shokri Wahib